Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print jobs stuck in queue
Operating Systems AIX Print jobs stuck in queue Post 302652427 by hansul on Thursday 7th of June 2012 06:36:48 AM
Old 06-07-2012
Can you ping the printers from command line? Is the qdaemon running?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jobs stalled in remote print queue

I have a printer in another state that is setup as follows: lj8100 printer connected to their printserver (a w2k box); users connect to a unix app on our Sun server via Exceed (we are two states away via WAN); users submit print jobs through an established print queue through the unix app to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
0 Replies

2. SCO

Print jobs getting stuck on the queue

I have implemented Laser printers using USB printer servers connected to a SCO server. Sometimes print jobs get stuck on the queue and I havent found a way of getting the printer back to work without canceling the jobs and rebooting the system. Why jobs get stuck? How do I get this solved... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a ps2pdf print queue.

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Print to ps2pdf print queue

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Print Queue jobs stuck

Hello, I have a print queue that the jobs are getting stuck in. I've disabled and enabled the queue, lpshut and lpsched the print spooler, and killed a suspected corrupt job. But new requests still get stuck. I can ping the printer by DNS with no problem. What else can I look for? I'm a little... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mizzleman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print queue jobs

Hi, I have one queue that have status QUEUE and 10 jobs are waiting.Can any one guide me how i can get total number of jobs on this queue.i can see 10 jobs but i need to get count 10 for this queue.Please help me out thanks in advance sagii (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print queue jobs

Hi, i m having problem to get number of jobs waiting using lpstat.my printer is out of paper and 10jobs are in queue but i run lpstat -pqname it didnt show any thing.any one have idea whats wrong here. thanks sagii (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
2 Replies

8. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies
lpstat(1)						      Easy Software Products							 lpstat(1)

NAME
lpstat - print cups status information SYNOPSIS
lpstat [ -E ] [ -a [ destination(s) ] ] [ -c [ class(es) ] [ -d ] [ -h server ] [ -l ] [ -o [ destination(s) ] ] [ -p [ printer(s) ] ] [ -r ] [ -R ] [ -s ] [ -t ] [ -u [ user(s) ] ] [ -v [ printer(s) ] [ -W [ which-jobs ] ] DESCRIPTION
lpstat displays status information about the current classes, jobs, and printers. When run with no arguments, lpstat will list jobs queued by the user. Other options include: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -a [printer(s)] Shows the accepting state of printer queues. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -c [class(es)] Shows the printer classes and the printers that belong to them. If no classes are specified then all classes are listed. -d Shows the current default destination. -h server Specifies the CUPS server to communicate with. -l Shows a long listing of printers, classes, or jobs. -o [destination(s)] Shows the jobs queue on the specified destinations. If no destinations are specified all jobs are shown. -p [printer(s)] Shows the printers and whether or not they are enabled for printing. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -r Shows whether or not the CUPS server is running. -R Shows the ranking of print jobs. -s Shows a status summary, including the default destination, a list of classes and their member printers, and a list of printers and their associated devices. This is equivalent to using the "-d", "-c", and "-p" options. -t Shows all status information. This is equivalent to using the "-r", "-d", "-c", "-d", "-v", "-a", "-p", and "-o" options. -u [user(s)] Shows a list of print jobs queued by the specified users. If no users are specified, lists the jobs queued by the current user. -v [printer(s)] Shows the printers and what device they are attached to. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -W [which-jobs] Specifies which jobs to show, completed or not-completed (the default). COMPATIBILITY
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE and TAB. Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. The "-h" option is not a standard System V option. The Solaris "-f", "-P", and "-S" options are silently ignored. The "-W" option is unique to CUPS. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), CUPS Software Users Manual, http://localhost:631/documentation.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1993-2002 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. 2 October 2002 Common UNIX Printing System lpstat(1)