Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Portsnap in FreeBSD7.4
Operating Systems BSD Portsnap in FreeBSD7.4 Post 302652303 by figaro on Thursday 7th of June 2012 02:32:08 AM
Old 06-07-2012
This means that you do not have an internet connection. Are all cables plugged in properly? Did you install with DHCP? Does elinks work? You may also want to restart the machine to ensure that all drivers are detected. Normally the network card should work straight after installation.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD7.0_BETA4 _ installing

About more half one part during installing my FreeBSD7.0_BETA4 , some thing wrong happened : "unable to open the packages files /INDEX selected from you media" so what should I do ,just tell me the way to deal with the problem ,thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magic_dk
1 Replies

2. BSD

FreeBSD7.0_BETA4 installing

about more half one part during installing my FreeBSD7.0_BETA4 ,some thing wrong happened : "unable to open the packages files /INDEX selected from you media" so what should I do ,just tell me the way to deal with the problem ,thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magic_dk
1 Replies

3. BSD

FreeBSD7.4 Ports Collections

Hi, During OS installation of FreeBSD7.4/i386 I missed to include ports collection. Now when I try with sysinstall command via ftp servers avaliable in tha list it says "unable to open ftp connection. Error:0" Could You Please suggest me the exact site wher I can get ports collection via FTP to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies
nodename(4)							   File Formats 						       nodename(4)

NAME
nodename - local source for system name SYNOPSIS
/etc/nodename DESCRIPTION
When a machine is standalone or its IP address is configured locally, the /etc/nodename file contains the system name. By convention, the system name is the same as the hostname associated with the IP address of the primary network interface, for example, hostname.hme0. If the machine's network configuration is delivered by the RPC bootparams protocol, the /etc/nodename file is not used, as the system name is delivered by the remote service. Given a system name value, regardless of source, the uname utility invoked with the -S option is used to set the system name of the running system. If the machine's network configuration is delivered by the DHCP protocol, the /etc/nodename file is used only if the DHCP server does not provide a value for the Hostname option (DHCP standard option code 12). A system name configured in /etc/nodename should be unique within the system's name service domain in order to ensure that any network ser- vices provided by the system will operate correctly. Given a system name value, regardless of source, the uname utility invoked with the -S option is used to set the system name of the running system. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Syntax The syntax for nodename consists of a single line containing the system's name. For example, for a system named myhost: myhost ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), uname(1), named(1M), ypbind(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The nodename file is modified by Solaris installation and de-installation scripts. SunOS 5.10 9 Feb 2004 nodename(4)