Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing Two Files, Possibly with VIM Post 302652143 by bartus11 on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 03:11:01 PM
Old 06-06-2012
Try:
Code:
awk -F, 'NR==FNR{a[$1]=1;next}$1 in a' files.csv formulas.csv > filtered.csv

PS. Please use code tags for sample data: https://www.unix.com/how-post-unix-li...code-tags.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stupid question possibly

how would I search through subdirectories under the current directory and delete all files in certain directories. in ThisDirectory.... want to go into foundMe directory which there are several in other subdirectories and delete all files in foundMe ? thank you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrJaunty
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax coloring for .pc files in VIM editor

Hi, i am using VIM editor through Putty. By the option of Syntax on in .vimrc file i am able to see syntax colors in .c and .cpp files but not in the files with .pc extension. How can this be done? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchK
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Vim or Ex to rename all files in a folder

Is there a way to use Vim or Ex to rename all files in a folder? For example if i have a folder with Apples1.txt, Apples2.txt, Apples3.txt, could I rename all files so they are Oranges1.txt, Oranges2.txt, Oranges3.txt ? I know with :bufdo %s/apples/oranges/g|update you can do this for inside... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VimNewUser
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the matches in two files using awk when both files have their own field separators

I've two files with data like below: file1.txt: AAA,Apples,123 BBB,Bananas,124 CCC,Carrot,125 file2.txt: Store1|AAA|123|11 Store2|BBB|124|23 Store3|CCC|125|57 Store4|DDD|126|38 So,the field separator in file1.txt is a comma and in file2.txt,it is | Now,the output should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find duplicates contents in a files by comparing other files?

Hi Guys , we have one directory ...in that directory all files will be set on each day.. files must have header ,contents ,footer.. i wants to compare the header,contents,footer ..if its same means display an error message as 'files contents same' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$PATH error (possibly)

Upon opening Terminal I get the following message: -bash: /usr/bin/manpath: No such file or directory -bash: /usr/bin/perl: No such file or directory -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found I searched... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SartreSmartre
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error when using vim to open files

Hi all, 1st post here. I'm on Solaris and currently, I get the following error if I try to use vim to edit anything: Error detected while processing function <SNR>6_initialize: line 2: E697: Missing end of List ']': E116: Invalid arguments for function <SNR>6_defineOption line 3: E10:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fred2028
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)