Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments Post 302651949 by Wahooka on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 11:19:51 AM
Old 06-06-2012
Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments

Hi.

I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail.

The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see the message with the attachment, but if I try to view or download the attachment, gmail tells me that the attachment cannot be found at its original source.

If I use this same script to send the message to my hotmail account or my work email, everything is fine.

Can somebody please help? The script is shown below.

Code:
echo "From: ${MAIL_FROM}" > $MSG_FILE
echo "To: ${MAIL_TO}" >> $MSG_FILE
echo "Subject: ${SUBJECT}" >> $MSG_FILE
echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" >> $MSG_FILE
echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--_GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw"' >> $MSG_FILE
echo " " >> $MSG_FILE
echo "----_GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw" >> $MSG_FILE
echo "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1" >> $MSG_FILE
echo "Content-Disposition: inline" >> $MSG_FILE
echo " " >> $MSG_FILE
cat $BODY_FILE >> $MSG_FILE
echo " " >> $MSG_FILE
echo "----_GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw" >> $MSG_FILE
echo "Content-Type: application/octet-stream" >> $MSG_FILE
echo "Content-Disposition: inline; filename=${ATT_FILE_NAME}" >> $MSG_FILE
echo "Content-transfer-encoding: X-UUencode">>${MSG_FILE}
echo " " >> $MSG_FILE
/usr/bin/uuencode  ${ATT_FILE} ${ATT_FILE} >> ${MSG_FILE}
echo " " >> $MSG_FILE
echo "----_GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--" >> $MSG_FILE
echo " " >> $MSG_FILE
/usr/lib/sendmail ${MAIL_TO} < ${MSG_FILE};EXITSTATUS=$?

Last edited by methyl; 06-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: not finished ; please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachments

Dear all, I've been working with AIX for, um, 15 years now and I have read all I can about the above, but I am stuck. Everything seems to point to using sendmail on the command line to embed a uuencoded attatchment will not work. Using something like "(cat plain.txt;uuencode attach.file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachments

Hi, I got the following script from Ygor on this site: #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email_address" export CONTENT="/export/home/aisdba/email_body.html" export SUBJECT="subject of email" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suthera
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I access gmail or hotmail from Unix script?

Hi, I wonder how can I access gmail or hotmail from Unix script? ksh? Thank you in advance for any advices. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail attachment problem on Gmail

Hi. I am a user on HP-UX , OS Version 11.23 with the Itanium architecture. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gmail Authentication from shell script

Hello All, I want my script to accept Gmail user name and password from command line and authenticate that user .Is it possible ? I heard about doing it using Google API's but not able to find right material on net. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Png Attachments

I use sendmail to send html emails, my script works perfect and sends email with plain text attachment. Now i need to attache png file to the email and this attachment part is not working. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $TO" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail gz Attachments

Hi All, I have a problem again with sendmail content type . I am trying to attach the gz file to the html email but couldnt figure out even after extensive google. Here is my code. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing multiple PNG attachments using sendmail

Need assistance in using the below script and having multiple png file attachments in the same script . Your inputs are appreciated. I dont have uuencode , I use either mailx, sendmail, mpack . ( echo "to: samplemail@somewhere.com" echo "from: samplemail@elsewhere.com" echo "subject:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Gmail very slow to receive Sendmail/PHP Mail

Okay, I have searched the forums and couldn't really find a topic on this, so I decided to start one. But I decided to start a ncurses discussion forum recently and one thing I noticed while getting it going is that when mail is sent out via Sendmail or PHP Mail, Gmail is /very/ slow to receive it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos D'thorga
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail - Attachments & Subjects

Hi All, Not been around in a while. However I have been all over tinternet (google) for days looking for a solution. Where I work has decided to use Sendmail on our Linux and Unix estate for sending emails via scripts. So I am hoping to eventually get a working solution for Sendmail and not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
3 Replies
INTVAL(3)								 1								 INTVAL(3)

intval - Get the integer value of a variable

SYNOPSIS
int intval (mixed $var, [int $base = 10]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the integer value of $var, using the specified $base for the conversion (the default is base 10). intval(3) should not be used on objects, as doing so will emit an E_NOTICE level error and return 1. PARAMETERS
o $var - The scalar value being converted to an integer o $base - The base for the conversion Note If $base is 0, the base used is determined by the format of $var: o if string includes a "0x" (or "0X") prefix, the base is taken as 16 (hex); otherwise, o if string starts with "0", the base is taken as 8 (octal); otherwise, o the base is taken as 10 (decimal). RETURN VALUES
The integer value of $var on success, or 0 on failure. Empty arrays return 0, non-empty arrays return 1. The maximum value depends on the system. 32 bit systems have a maximum signed integer range of -2147483648 to 2147483647. So for example on such a system, intval('1000000000000') will return 2147483647. The maximum signed integer value for 64 bit systems is 9223372036854775807. Strings will most likely return 0 although this depends on the leftmost characters of the string. The common rules of integer casting apply. EXAMPLES
Example #1 intval(3) examples The following examples are based on a 32 bit system. <?php echo intval(42); // 42 echo intval(4.2); // 4 echo intval('42'); // 42 echo intval('+42'); // 42 echo intval('-42'); // -42 echo intval(042); // 34 echo intval('042'); // 42 echo intval(1e10); // 1410065408 echo intval('1e10'); // 1 echo intval(0x1A); // 26 echo intval(42000000); // 42000000 echo intval(420000000000000000000); // 0 echo intval('420000000000000000000'); // 2147483647 echo intval(42, 8); // 42 echo intval('42', 8); // 34 echo intval(array()); // 0 echo intval(array('foo', 'bar')); // 1 ?> NOTES
Note The $base parameter has no effect unless the $var parameter is a string. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Throws E_NOTICE and returns 1, when an object is | | | passed to $var. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
boolval(3), floatval(3), strval(3), settype(3), is_numeric(3), Type juggling, BCMath Arbitrary Precision Mathematics Functions. PHP Documentation Group INTVAL(3)