Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to convert date into no. using date -d +%s syntax in ksh shell Post 302651751 by methyl on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 06:34:08 AM
Old 06-06-2012
date is a unix command not a Shell command. Only the GNU date command has conversion features. There is a FAQ on this.
What Operating System and version do you have?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie convert date ksh

If I have start = 02282006; end = 03152006; How do I get startdate = 02/28/2006; enddate = 03/15/2006; Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: britney
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Julian date to calender date

Hi, I have script in unix which creates a julian date like 126 or 127 I want convert this julian date into calender date ex : input 127 output 07/may/2007 or 07/05/2007 or 07/05/07 rgds srikanth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh compare dates INSIDE a file (ie date A is > date B)

In KSH, I am pasting 2 almost identical files together and each one has a date and time on each line. I need to determine if the first instance of the date/time is greater than the 2nd instance of the date/time. If the first instance is greater, I just need to echo that line. I thought I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to add date to current date.

Hi, I am trying to display future date from the current date but unable to do so in UNIX (not in PERL). For eg: if today is March 5 then I want a variable wherein I can store Mar 7 date, but unable to get the future date from the current date. I have tried many possible ways as mentioned below... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert string(variable) into date( epoch) in ksh on HPUX machine?

Hi all, I have used a bash script which ultimately converts a string into date using date --date option: DATE=$DATE" "$TIME" "`date +%Y` //concatenating 2 strings TMRW_DATE=`date --date="$DATE" +"%s"` //applying date command on string and getting the unixtime Please use code tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashu123
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date arg to sql date

Doing a bcp load to sybase and need to convert datearg which comes in as 20130501 to 2013-05-01 which is the best way to do this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tasmac
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date into days using shell script

Hi, I have date format in an excel sheet as 07/03/2014 11:21. I need to check this date with current date and need to find whether it is more than 30 days or not. I know how to current date into days, but someone please help me to change the date in the excel sheet to days, so that i can check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arasu123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a date stored in a variable to epoch date

I am not able to pass date stored in a variable as an argument to date command. I get current date value for from_date and to_date #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x for s in server ; do ssh -T $s <<-EOF from_date="12-Jan-2015 12:02:09" to_date="24-Jan-2015 13:02:09" echo \$from_date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj48
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print start date to end date, given $1 & $2 in ksh

Dear all, I have an user passing 2 parameter 31/03/2015 and 02/04/2015 to a ksh script. How to print the start date to end date. Expected output is : 31/03/2015 01/04/2015 02/04/2015 Note : 1. Im using aix and ksh 2. I have tried to convert the given input into a date, didnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.rajaravi
0 Replies
rdate(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 rdate(1M)

NAME
rdate - set system date from a remote host SYNOPSIS
rdate hostname DESCRIPTION
rdate sets the local date and time from the hostname given as an argument. You must have the authorization solaris.system.date on the local system. Typically, rdate is used in a startup script. The inetd daemon responds to rdate requests. To enable inetd response, the lines invoking the time command in inetd.conf must not be com- mented out. USAGE
The rdate command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 15 Feb 2001 rdate(1M)