Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parse data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse data Post 302651049 by agama on Monday 4th of June 2012 11:13:33 PM
Old 06-05-2012
This is how I would do it:

Code:
awk '
    function print_stuff(   i )
    {
        printf( "Device Symmetrix Name,[Front Director Paths]" );       # header with one 'section' for each RDF section
        for( i = 1; i <= rdf_idx; i++ )
            printf( ",[Remote Name   Remote Symm   Group Number   Mode  State ]" );
        printf( "\n" );

printf( "%s,[", dsn );                              # data line; one section for each RDF
        for( i = 1; i <= fdp_idx; i++ )
            printf( "%s%s", i > 1 ? " " : "", fdp[i] );
        for( i = 1; i <= rdf_idx; i++ )
            printf( "%s,[%s %s %s %s %s]", i == 1 ? "]" : "", rdf[i,4], rdf[i,5], rdf[i,3], rdf[i,6], rdf[i,7]  );
        printf( "\n" );
    }

/---/ || /{/  ||  NF < 1 { next; }                      # ignore these lines
    /Device Physical Name/ {                                # new major section
        if( dsn )
            print_stuff( );                                 # print last gathered data and reset indexes
        dsn = "";
        fdp_idx = 0;
        rdf_idx = 0;
        next;
    }
    /Device Symmetrix Name/  && dsn == "" { dsn = $NF; next; }
    /PdevName/ { fd_snarf = 1; next; }                      # safe to capture fdp data

/}/ { fd_snarf = 0; next; }                             # stop capturing fdp data
    fd_snarf { fdp[++fdp_idx] = $(NF-5); next; }

/RDF Information/ { rdf_sidx=1; rdf_idx++; rdf_snarf=1; next; }
    rdf_snarf {                                             # capture all RDF lines, but we will only print some
        n = split( $0, a, ":" );
        split( a[n], b, " " );
        rdf[rdf_idx,rdf_sidx++] = b[1];
        next;
    }

END { print_stuff( ); }                                 # final print of last major section
' input-file >output-file

It will capture 1 or more RDF information sections, and one or more front descriptor paths. It will also capture more than one 'major section' if there are multiple instances of the section you pasted.

Hope this at least gets you started.
This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a range of data

Hello, I have a file which has a range of date like: 00:00 test 00:01 test2 00:02 test3 00:03 test4 00:04 test5 00:05 test6 Using input (stdin) i would like to parse the data 00:01 to 00:04. The output file should be like this: 00:01 test2 00:02 test3 00:03 test4 00:04 test5 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BufferExploder
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to parse the specific data from the file

Hi, I need to parse this data FastEthernet0/9,|FastEthernet0/10,|FastEthernet0/11,FastEthernet0/13|, FastEthernet0/12,FastEthernet0/24 . and get only the value like e.g 0/24,0/11. how to do this in shell script. Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuthuAlagappan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse data using sh script

Hi, I am a newbie to unix/shell scripting and i have a question on how to parse a txt file using perl in a sh script. I have a txt file that contains hundreds of lines with data like this.... X, Y, Latitude, Longitude 1, 142, -38.000000, -91.000000, 26.348 2, 142, 60.000000, -90.000000,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonbaby
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract and parse data between two strings

Hi , I have a billing CDR file which is separated by “!”. I need to extract and format data between the starting (“!”) and the end of the line (“1.2.1.8”). These two variables are permanent tags to show begin and end. ! TICKET NBR : 2 ! GSI : 101 ! 3100.2.112.1 24/03/2010 00:41:14 !... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse data?

Hi all, I have output of paction command looking like this: RELCI 0 IP address 1.2.16.3 Xmit: CURRENT Recv: WAIT_HEADER 0 congestions 2617/0 buf. sent/rec Xmit: CURRENT Recv: WAIT_HEADER 0 congestions 0/0 buf. sent/rec BUFFER Xmit: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameucho
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse data

hi i have a file p1.htm <div class="colorID2"> aaaa aaaa aa <br/> bbbbbbbb bbb<br/> <br/>cccc ccc ccc </div><div class="colorID1"> dddd d ddddd<br/> eeee eeee eeeeeeeeee<br/> fffff <br/>g gg<br/> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saw7
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to Parse data

Experts and Informed folks, Need some help here in parsing the log file. 1389675 Opera_ShirtCatalog INSERT INTO Opera_ShirtCatalog(COL1, COL2) VALUES (1, 'TEST1'), (2,'TEST2'); 1389685 Opera_ShirtCatlog_Wom INSERT INTO Opera_ShirtCatlog_Wom(col1, col2, col3) VALUES (9,'Siz12, FormFit',... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharMa
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: to parse the data from a string.

Hi folks, I have a line in log from which I need to parse few data. Jul 6 00:05:58 dg01aipagnfe01p %FWSM-3-106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) From the above... I need to parse the %FWSM-3-106011: substring. Another example Jul 13 00:08:55 dq01aipaynas01p %FWSM-6-302010: 2 in use, 1661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Need command to parse data

Hi Friends, I have data like below t064266 I want output into this format t064266 Data are space delimited and i want parse third column data. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagaat
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to parse data and output to csv

I am not too savvy with arrays and am assuming that what I am looking for needs arrays. This is my requirement. So I have the raw data that gets updated to a log as shown below StudentInfo: FullInfo = { Address = Newark Age = 20 Name= John } StudentInfo:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)