Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Small help required to create For loop Post 302650935 by Scrutinizer on Monday 4th of June 2012 01:34:24 PM
Old 06-04-2012
No, the increment is correct... Try:

Code:
cnt=11
while [ $((cnt-=1)) -gt 0 ]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compress - How small can a file before it will create the .Z

I am just curious. Compress by itself will not compress a file of zero bytes. (I know gzip does) Without using compress -f, at what point will compress work. In other words, what is the smallest the file can be before it will create the .Z file? Some of us here are just wondering... Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: app4dxh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of loop condition required???

Hi i have a variable with lots of tokens seperated with spaces. e.g VAR="ABC DEF GHSD GHQS TUTSD JHDTQ QDHQ CDQKDGQ WQUTQD DQUTQD DQJGDQ QDTQD WDQUTQDU QDUGQD QDJGQD DQUTDUQ QDUIDTQ" i want to separate all of the above tokens and call a script with each of the token e.g sh script.sh <TOKEN>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small shell script help required

Hi Guys, Please can some one explain me the below part of code. In this code what is the use of the line in Bold. COPY=0 if ; then echo "$CONF exists and is non-empty - backing it up" SUFFIX=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` echo "cp -p $CONF $CONF.$SUFFIX" cp -p $CONF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A small script required!!

Hi All, I am using korn shell sun solaris 10 What i need is i have to grep one file and if there are any finding then i have set one flag. otherwise continue Please help Regards Arun (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: annyarun
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop script required within an active log file

I need some help please... This is the scenario what I am sitting with. 1 - I am kicking of a batch script. 2 - This batch script is writing to an active log file which is also use by other batch scripts. 3 - I need to monitor this active log file and grep for the script name as well as the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henk Trumpie
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small Help required for merging two files per line!!!

Hi Guys, Sorry to bother everyone again here, but I ran into a small problem that has been after me for some time now. I have a file called file1.txt and has following content - /folder1/fold/folder 10k /folder167fold/folder 10MB /folder2/fold/folder 10G etc.. etc.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create a loop in an if statement

Hey guys, a=`cat abc | wc -l` b=`cat def | wc -l` if $a== $b then echo "a" else echo "b" fi I want the if condition to retry itself , untill a==b. I can't use goto statemt. Please help. Thanx in advance. Please use next time code tags for your code and data (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a file with input values required

Hi Guys Please can you help me to create a file using the following inputs 2351 first input 2339 second input all this rows need to have the value 0 in front 2338 third input 2333 fourth input all this rows need to have the value 1 in front count all the rows in the file and insert the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
scsi_setup_cdb(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_setup_cdb(9F)

NAME
scsi_setup_cdb - setup SCSI command descriptor block (CDB) SYNOPSIS
int scsi_setup_cdb(union scsi_cdb *cdbp, uchar_t cmd, uint_t addr, uint_t cnt, uint_t othr_cdb_data); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cdbp Pointer to command descriptor block. cmd The first byte of the SCSI group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 CDB. addr Pointer to the location of the data. cnt Data transfer length in units defined by the SCSI device type. For sequential devices cnt is the number of bytes. For block devices, cnt is the number of blocks. othr_cdb_data Additional CDB data. DESCRIPTION
scsi_setup_cdb() function initializes a group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 type of command descriptor block pointed to by cdbp using cmd, addr, cnt, othr_cdb_data. addr should be set to 0 for commands having no addressing information (for example, group 0 READ command for sequential access devices). othr_cdb_data should be additional CDB data for Group 4 commands; otherwise, it should be set to 0. scsi_setup_cdb() function does not set the LUN bits in CDB[1] as the makecom(9F) functions do. Also, the fixed bit for sequential access device commands is not set. RETURN VALUES
scsi_setup_cdb() returns: 1 Upon success. 0 Upon failure. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from a user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
makecom(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers American National Standard Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) American National Standard SCSI-3 Primary Commands (SPC) SunOS 5.10 23 Jun 1997 scsi_setup_cdb(9F)