Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clone on virtualBox
Special Forums IP Networking Clone on virtualBox Post 302650887 by fpmurphy on Monday 4th of June 2012 11:59:46 AM
Old 06-04-2012
When you clone a VM on VirtualBox and you are using DHCP, you should checkbox the "Reinitialize the MAC address of all network cards" option to ensure you get a unique MAC address.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

clone disk

Disk cloning I had an external SCSI master disk that I used to clone to an identical external SCSI disk because the other SCSI disk would become corrupted. My original Master became corrupted so I used one of the other to good disk to copy back to the master. Unfortunately the new master needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stamperr
1 Replies

3. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

5. AIX

alt clone

I have two identical systems p740 with 2 lpars in each server. I dont want to install os from scratch on each lpar neither I want to use nim nor mksysb. Will it work perfectly if I install a fresh OS on 1 lpar and do alt disk clone for other lpras. My each lpar is having 2 physical disks. Now if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clone mounts as is

Hello, Iam trying to clone AS IS two mounts like below /class_test/sa /class_dev/fd from one server onto another. I want to use tar and gzip to compress. Please let me know the options I have to use. Also I want to untar it in the destination server, so let me know how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Redhat Clone

What is the best method to use to clone a Redhat machine, to ensure all software and config can be easily installed on new hardware? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: da2013
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

9. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

VirtualBox

I want to change my virtual box disk to immutable. When I try to do that I get the following error. Error changing medium type from Normal to Immutable. Cannot change the type of medium '/root/VirtualBox VMs/fedora13/fedora13.vmdk' because it is attached to 1 virtual machines Please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to clone an AIX 5.3?

Hello all, I am trying to clone an entire aix 5.3 machine , not sure on the procedure.Can anyone help on what can be done ?Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
9 Replies
MACTELNET(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MACTELNET(1)

NAME
mactelnet - A tool for telneting via MAC addresses SYNOPSIS
mactelnet [options] <MAC-Address|hostname> DESCRIPTION
This tool enables you to telnet other RouterOS or MAC-Telnetd enabled devices. You can connect to either a hostname or a MAC address. If specified, the hostname (identity) will be looked up via MNDP discovery. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax. A summary of options is included below. -n Do not use broadcast packets. A tad less insecure but requires root privileges. This means that ethernet packets will have the specified mac-address as the packet destination, instead of using the ethernet broadcast address. -t Amount of seconds to wait for a response on each interface. If you have several network interfaces, this is the timeout value per interface. -u Specify username. Without this option, you will need to enter the username in a interactive prompt. -p Specify password. Without this option, you will need to enter the password in a interactive prompt. -h Show summary of options. -v Show version of program. SEE ALSO
mndp(1), mactelnetd(1), macping(1). AUTHOR
mactelnet was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). February 27, 2011 MACTELNET(1)