Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in Scripting to monitor tablespace in Oracle DB Post 302649137 by pravin27 on Thursday 31st of May 2012 02:22:39 AM
Old 05-31-2012
There are lot of books available in the market, I used the below book when i started learning Shell script.
Amazon.com: Unix Shell Programming (3rd Edition) (9780672324901): Stephen G. Kochan, Patrick Wood: Books

Another way is to follow this forum........you will learn surely.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix and Oracle scripting

Hello all, I have a script that is fully functional and satisfactory in oracle. I recently started spooling it's output into unix for processing and manipulation. I do have a few problems however: The output of some columns are altered in the unix output: 1) On oracle, the date comes with a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting with Oracle...

Hi guys, I have searched all the forums and searched the net as much as possible, but I carn't find any tutorials about shell scripting with Oracle. Has anyone come across any? Thanks for reading and in advance of posts, B14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find the tablespace size in oracle.

Hi, I need to execute a script to find the tablespace size in oracle.But i get an error.:confused: Script Executed:- #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID= oracelinstance ORACLE_HOME= oracle path PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID ORACLE_HOME PATH sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vighna
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in script path for tablespace usage

Hi , I am trying to run this script in crontab but I get errors. When I run it explicitly like ./monitor_tblsp from another location then it runs fine . I am messing somewhere with paths but I don't know where and how . Please help . Here is the error part ./monitor_tblsp: touch: not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for shell scripting for oracle.

Hi, Please see contains both files created for automating the data from oracle through shell. 1)a_p.ksh #!/bin/ksh LOG=/home/A_P.log MESSAGE=/home/MESSAGE_A_P.txt mail_list=/home/AP_MAIL_LIST.txt data=/home/spooled_A_P.log echo "`date` Starting execution for A_P COUNT" > $LOG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tablespace monitoring script

I have prepared the below script to monitor the tablespace and alert the users whenever it reaches a threshold limit. #!/bin/sh . /home/.profile sqlplus -s $LOGON << .eof > $scripts/check_tablespace.temp set pages 0 select tablespace_name, free_percent from ( SELECT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help please! Oracle scripting

Hi All, I'm completely new to shell scripting and i've found some old code (10 years), which would be suitable for me to facilitate database shutdowns throughout our systems. I'm on AIX 6 and i'm using 11gr2 Oracle. The problems seems to be with while read portion of this code: FLAG_SET=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluegenes
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check Oracle tablespace

I'm new to unix script, and I need to check the tablespaces daily, here is the script(quite simple), but it does not work. Did I missed something ? Please guide me, Many thanks ! #!/bin/sh echo "ORA TABLEASPACE:" sqlplus system/oracle as sysdba; set pagesize 9999; set linesize 132; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
5 Replies

9. Programming

Tablespace growth trend

Hi experts, I have the below details with me.How to calculate the tablespace growth between two dates. sample data(have data upto 1 year): INSTANCE_NAME DATE TABLESPACE_NAME MB_ALLOC MB_FREE MB_USED PCT_FREE PCT_USED MAX ---------------- ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navsan420
1 Replies
CREATE 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLESPACE(7) NAME
CREATE TABLESPACE - define a new tablespace SYNOPSIS
CREATE TABLESPACE tablespacename [ OWNER username ] LOCATION 'directory' DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLESPACE registers a new cluster-wide tablespace. The tablespace name must be distinct from the name of any existing tablespace in the database cluster. A tablespace allows superusers to define an alternative location on the file system where the data files containing database objects (such as tables and indexes) can reside. A user with appropriate privileges can pass tablespacename to CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX or ADD CONSTRAINT to have the data files for these objects stored within the specified tablespace. PARAMETERS
tablespacename The name of a tablespace to be created. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. username The name of the user who will own the tablespace. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers can create tablespaces, but they can assign ownership of tablespaces to non-superusers. directory The directory that will be used for the tablespace. The directory must be empty and must be owned by the PostgreSQL system user. The directory must be specified by an absolute path name. NOTES
Tablespaces are only supported on systems that support symbolic links. CREATE TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
Create a tablespace dbspace at /data/dbs: CREATE TABLESPACE dbspace LOCATION '/data/dbs'; Create a tablespace indexspace at /data/indexes owned by user genevieve: CREATE TABLESPACE indexspace OWNER genevieve LOCATION '/data/indexes'; COMPATIBILITY
CREATE TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)], DROP TABLESPACE [drop_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE TABLESPACE(7)