Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Command History - size, security and more informations Post 302648691 by jlliagre on Wednesday 30th of May 2012 08:55:06 AM
Old 05-30-2012
Solaris 10 /bin/sh, which shouldn't be set as default shell for regular users by the way, doesn't record user's command history. In any case, a solution based on shell command history is unreliable. If you want to monitor what users are launching, better to configure/enable Solaris auditing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command history

Dear all, I am using solaris 6 O.S. and root previlege.I want to know how to get history of commands given by diff. users logged into the server. I know that history command gives the list of previous commands for that particular log in session. In the simillar manner can I get simillar history... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read i-node informations (date of creation)

Hi, I'm looking for a way to get the date of creation for a file. Is it possible ? I know that these informations are in the i-node but I don't know how to access them (if the 'find' command can do it with option -ctime, I have reasons to believe in it). Thanks for helping me ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mullmafr
1 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the History command

How do I make the history command, in addition to the past commands, display the hard path to the place where i modified or did my past action? thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
2 Replies

5. Programming

how to programatically obtain informations about existing NICs on the system

hi, i would like to know how to programatically obtain informations about existing NICs (both configured and non-configured if possible) on *NIX? i need to write simple *NIX C/C++ program that will have these informations. i have tried to search forums (and also google) with no luck. any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikoladsp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Runtime informations - bash script

Hello, I'm running a bash script and I'd like to get more accurate a runtime information then now. So far I've been using this method: STARTM=`date -u "+%s"` ......... *script function.... ......... STOPM=`date -u "+%s"` RUNTIMEM=`expr $STOPM - $STARTM` if (($RUNTIMEM>59)); then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi command history

How do you look at the whole list of previous commands you have used in VI? I know you can use the up and down arrows, but I know there's a way to see the full list. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase bash history size

Hi I am trying to increase the number of commands recorded in my .bash_history file. I followed what is indicated and have add to my .bashrc export HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth export HISTSIZE=1000000 export HISTFILESIZE=1000000 export HISTIGNORE='ls'but the .bash_history only contains 690... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed inserting muliple informations in one column

I'm probably sure I need to use either awk or sed judging by research but I'm not sure what exact command I have to do to do following...:wall: So this is my text file CPU 1 2 3 4 5 6 RAM 2 3 4 5 6 7 HAR 3 4 5 6 7 8 -------------- my input: Cur_CPU=10 Cur_RAM=11 Cur_HAR=13 Desired... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonirang
5 Replies
FLDIGI-SHELL(1) 														   FLDIGI-SHELL(1)

NAME
fldigi-shell - program for controlling fldigi SYNOPSIS
fldigi-shell [OPTIONS] [FILE] DESCRIPTION
The fldigi-shell program controls fldigi(1) over HTTP via XML-encoded remote procedure calls (XML-RPC). It can call any XML-RPC method exported by fldigi, and also defines some useful commands of its own. OPTIONS
-d Enable debug output. -u URL Use URL to access the server. Defaults to "http://localhost:7362/RPC2", which corresponds to fldigi's default listen address and port. -c COMMAND Execute command COMMAND and exit. COMMANDS
Note The "x:yz" notation refers to the return type and argument type(s). They are: "n" (nil), "i" (integer), and "s" (string). debug (n:n:) Toggle debug output. eval (s:s) Evaluate Perl code. exit (n:n) Exit the shell. help (n:n) Print help for server (fldigi) methods and shell commands. history (s:n) Print command history. modems (s:n) List all modem names. poll (s:i) Poll for new received text every i seconds. Defaults to 1. pskrqsy (n:si) QSY to ith best frequency for grid s. The list of frequencies is retrieved from the PSK Reporter website; see RESOURCES. The grid square string may be left empty, and the index argument defaults to 0 (first frequency). recvtext (s:n) Get all received text. reinit (n:n) Fetch commands from the server and rebuild command list. send (n:s) Send text interactively, one line at a time. sendchar (n:s) Send text interactively, one character at a time. sendfile (n:s) Send text read from file s. sendstr (n:s) Send string s. source (n:s) Read commands from file s. time (s:s) Time a command. wait (n:s) Wait for server TRX state to become s. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
The shell has three modes of operation: 1. Interactive mode with history, tab completion and command line editing. This is the default mode when fldigi-shell is run without arguments. 2. Batch mode for a single command with the -c option. 3. Batch mode to "source" a file containing Perl code. Fldigi-shell commands can be called using "execute("COMMAND [ARG ...]")" calls. FILES
$HOME/.fldigi/shell-history Contains the fldigi-shell command history. EXAMPLES
while :; do fldigi-shell -c pskrqsy; sleep 900; done Change to the "best frequency" (see PSK Reporter) every fifteen minutes. SEE ALSO
fldigi(1), xmlrpc(1), readline(3), RPC::XML(3pm) BUGS
o Some additional command wrappers are needed. o Command completion should be enabled for the arguments of some commands. o The XML-RPC handling code should probably go in a separate module. o It should be possible to pass multiple -c CMD arguments. RESOURCES
Fldigi web site: http://www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html The PSK Automatic Propagation Reporter site can be found at http://www.pskreporter.info/ The GNU Readline Library: http://directory.fsf.org/project/readline/ XML-RPC home page: http://www.xmlrpc.com/ AUTHOR
Fldigi-shell and this manual page were written by Stelios Bounanos, M0GLD <sb[at]enotty(dot)net>. COPYING
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later. 07/01/2012 FLDIGI-SHELL(1)