Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A simple loop made difficult WTH Post 302648397 by balajesuri on Tuesday 29th of May 2012 08:32:19 PM
Old 05-29-2012
When it says "Enter a number (9999 to exit): ", you enter each number in a line, i.e., type a number and hit the return key (Enter) before entering next number.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a simple while loop

Hallo everyone I might just be being dumb, but I am using the BASH shell and cannot get the following script to work: x=0 while do echo $x x=´echo "$x + 1" | bc´ done Can anybody help me out. I am just get a repeating output saying: bc: command not found 0 + 1: command not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syno
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple for loop

i have the following process running in background: when i give "ps -lef" ------------------------------------------------------------------------ user2 user1 user1 user3 user1 user4 user5 user4 user3 user4 user2 user1 user1 user3 user1 user4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple while loop

i have a script called file2 #!/bin/ksh i=0 while do echo $i >> result.txt i=`expr $i + 1` done echo "***********************" >> result ------------------------------------------------------------------- (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple (?) loop

I have what I believe is a simple programming question. I have a text file that looks like: mol 1 G:\stereo01.hin block text ... ... ... endmol 1 However, I would like a file that repeats this entire block of text several times over. The lines of text in the middle remain the same for each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: red baron
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple for loop question

Hello I am a beginner of shell scripting and i am having trouble to do a for loop. I want a for loop to do stuff 3 times. i.e. in visual basic i do this for (counter = 0; counter < 3; counter++) on my shell script i have something like this at the moment ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arex876
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple using For loop

Hi expert, I'm using csh Code: #!/bin/csh set x = 0 set number = `awk '{array=$0} END {print array;}'` i want to use for loop to store data to $number repeatly untill x = 23 How to use c shell for loop? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple loop

I need to chmod a bunch of files with a specific extension in one directory. If I understand correctly first I would run ls command like this ls -R | grep .mp3 > /tmp/list once I have the output file I should be able to run a loop to chmod all the files in the list created. This is where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

a simple loop

Does any body can help me with a loop in this example? if then if then runner=$(grep "$1" "$2") runne=$(grep "$1" "$3") run=$(grep "$1" "$4") fi fi # # Message on screen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartsimpsong
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple loop using for

Dear experts, I am writing a bash script. At some point of the program I need to have 'for' loop. For simplicity I tried with some other simple code. The format of the loop is given below. k=51 m=55 for j in {$k..$m};do w=$(($j+2)) z=$(($j+9)) echo "$w, $z" done But my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjramana
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question (for loop) difficult scenario

VARA='hello|welcome|gone|fantastic|superb|nicecar' if VARA contains a pipe "|", i want the contents of VARA to be tranformed to: VARA="(hello) (welcome) (gone) (fantastic) (superb) (nicecar)" so that, when i echo the contents of $VARA like this: echo "$VARA" or like this: print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies
cdsclerk(1m)															      cdsclerk(1m)

NAME
cdsclerk - Manages the interface between clients and the CDS server SYNOPSIS
cdsclerk [-D] [-w route] OPTIONS
For debugging use only. Causes the cdsadv clerk process not to fork. Routes serviceability messages. DESCRIPTION
The cdsclerk command manages the interface between clients and the CDS server. Privilege Required You must log in as superuser (root). NOTES
This command is used by the advertiser on the system where the CDS clerk is running. You should use this command interactively only to do diagnostic work on the host system. EXAMPLE
Before you run the following process, make sure that other clerks are not running. To start the cdsclerk process, follow these steps: Make sure that a CDS server is already running somewhere within the cell. Log in to the system as superuser (root). Log in to DCE as the machine principal of the local host. Enter the principal name in the format /hosts/hostname/self as shown in the following example command for a host named orion whose password is smith: # dce_login hosts/orion/self smith Enter the following command to see if the dced process is already running: # ps If the dced process appears on the list of active processes, proceed to step 5. If the dced process does not appear on the list of active processes, enter the following command to start the process: # dced Enter the following command to start the cdsadv process: # cdsadv Enter the following command with the appropriate arguments to start the cdsclerk process: # cdsclerk RELATED INFORMATION
Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide cdsclerk(1m)