Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can not open file
Operating Systems HP-UX Can not open file Post 302647631 by Corona688 on Monday 28th of May 2012 12:25:35 PM
Old 05-28-2012
Some systems only allow special 64-bit executables to open files larger than 4 gigs, I suspect your OS may be one of them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open a text file by double clicking on the file name in gtk+

how to open a text file by double clicking on the file name shown in a label widget in gtk+. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

3. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

4. Programming

Some how the open(file,flag, acc) returns 0 and write to the screen, instead of the file ???

I am out of idea what to do to resolve the problem! I need to use the open(file, for.., access) function to write a file. Never have the situation like that: it is return 0 - zero. As a result all write(..) going to the screen! What the problem it could be? I do not even know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We are trying to install third party software on this unix server... Here is the error message we are getting... error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory It seems like odbc driver is not installed... >rpm -q unixODBC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

fatal: cannot open file `TNAME' for reading (No such file or directory)

Hi, I am running this command through a shell script and getting the error mentioned in the subject line: testing.awk -f x.txt TNAME My testing.awk file contains something like ++++++++++++++++++ #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ TAB_NAME="INSERT_ONE_" ARGV ; } if ( $1=="JAM_ONE" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie.. Find if a file exists and open, if not create the desired file..

Hey all, I'm brand new to script writing, I'm wanting to make a script that will ask for a file and then retrieve that file if it exists, and if it doesn't exist, create the file with the desired name, and I'm completely stuck.. so far.. #! bin/bash echo "Enter desired file" read "$file" if ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk can't open file; file merge attempt

Dear all, I have an AWK related issue. I have two data files; the first, FileA has fewer lines, the second, FileB has more. FileA is a subset of FileB . Both files are tab delimited. What I want to do? When the first two columns for FileA match the first two columns of FileB, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: A_Human_Person
4 Replies
prebind(1M)															       prebind(1M)

NAME
prebind - prepare frequently executed programs for faster startup SYNOPSIS
file] [path-list] DESCRIPTION
prepares some frequently executed programs for faster startup using (see fastbind(1)), and updates the IPD database for the modified files. Many frequently used commands such as etc. are so short lived that the program startup time takes up a major part of the total run time of each instance. In user-space, a big chunk of startup time could be spent in the dynamic loader, dld.so(5), in resolving the references among the program and its shared library dependencies. This startup overhead can be avoided using Patch level changes affecting related shared libraries (e.g. libc) can obsolete the information stored in an executable. So must be invoked after each such change, to ensure consistent levels of performance. As writes symbol resolution information into the executable, the metadata of the software product that provides the executable must be updated to reflect the changes. facilitates the use of It invokes on some executables known to be frequently used on HP-UX systems and updates the IPD database using see swmodify(1M). By default, operates on a pre-defined list of executables. Users can also specify an alternate list of executables by providing it in a file or as a path-list on the command line. For complete details, refer to the whitepaper at Options supports the following option: Prints the usage information. Prints a preview of commands that will be invoked, without actually invoking them. Removes information from the specified (or default) list of executables. Reads the list of executables from file. Arguments can read a list of executables either from the command line or from a file. Each command-line argument or each line in the file will be considered as the full path to an executable on which is to be invoked. Lines beginning with a pound character in the file will be consid- ered as comments and ignored. WARNINGS
uses (see swlist(1M)) to retrieve software product information and so may take a long time to complete, depending on the system software configuration. It is recommended to be used only after patch changes that may affect executables of interest. needs to be run with appropriate privileges as required to write to the executables and to run The executables must be writeable. RETURN VALUES
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. An error has occurred. FILES
By default, acts on the following files: While is yet another frequently used executable that can benefit from it is almost always in use and including it in the default list would generate errors. It is recommended that be run mannually on this executable when it is not in use (such as from a root shell, with no users logged in). All these executables depend on and some other similar shared libraries, so it is recommended that be run whenever any of the files men- tioned above are changed. AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
fastbind(1), swmodify(1M). Itanium(R)-based Systems Only prebind(1M)