Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tail limit in sunos
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tail limit in sunos Post 302647529 by methyl on Monday 28th of May 2012 09:13:55 AM
Old 05-28-2012
It is important that you provide accurate information because there are limitations on basic unix commands which vary from SunOS version to version.

Please state the exact version of SunOS.

How large is the largest file, and how many records does that file contain?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using tail -f

Working in HP-UX 10.20. I eventually want to write a bourne shell script to handle the following problem, but for now I am just toying with it at the command line. Here's what I am basically trying to do: tail -f log_X | grep n > log_Y I am doing a tail -f on log_X . Once it sees "n", I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS 5.8

I am loging into a SunOS 5.8 box for the first time. I do not see a .profile file in the home directory. Also on the command line when I type a backspace to correct my typing I get a ^H character. Where and how can I fix this? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tail??

Hello all, I have search the forum and could not find an answer...Here is what I am trying to do. Every 15 minutes, a script send uptime output to a logfile (dailylog.log), that file contains lines like the one below: 11:21am up 44 days, 19:15, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.03 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail -f

I am trying to extract a particular line from a.log which keeps appending every sec and output that into a newfile b.log which should append itself with filtered data received from a.log I tried tail -f a.log |grep fail| tee -a b.log nothing in b.log tail -f a.log |grep fail >>b.log ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SunOS 5.4

Hi, I Hope you can help me with my problem. I need to have an installation CD of this version. Is there any site you can recommend that I can download an image of this OS? Thanks and God Bless!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_balodoy
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Looking for help with SunOS 5.6

Hey all, I've got my hands on 10 SunOS 5.6 SPARCStation 20 machines and I'm looking to get them up and running. They're all in various states of disrepair but I've got them all to a state where the hardware is working and the machine will at least attempt to boot. I've only used Solaris as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevpatts
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit

Hi all, I'm using to Solaris machine. When I run a simple script this messenger come out:"limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit". Any one know the way to resolve this problem without reboot the machine? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabolist9
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multiple files tail on tail

I have 250 files that have 16 columns each - all numbered as follows stat.1000, stat.1001, stat.1002, stat.1003....stat.1250. I would like to join all 250 of them together tail by tail as follows. For example stat.1000 a b c d e f stat.1001 g h i j k l So that my output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tail +

because the tail +2 on the first line gives me the file name pomga I do not want anything like what I miss tail +2 ejemplo.txt ouput ==> ejemplo.txt <== 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies
Tcl_PkgRequire(3TCL)					      Tcl Library Procedures					      Tcl_PkgRequire(3TCL)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_PkgRequire, Tcl_PkgRequireEx, Tcl_PkgPresent, Tcl_PkgPresentEx, Tcl_PkgProvide, Tcl_PkgProvideEx - package version control SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> CONST char * Tcl_PkgRequire(interp, name, version, exact) CONST char * Tcl_PkgRequireEx(interp, name, version, exact, clientDataPtr) CONST char * Tcl_PkgPresent(interp, name, version, exact) CONST char * Tcl_PkgPresentEx(interp, name, version, exact, clientDataPtr) int Tcl_PkgProvide(interp, name, version) int Tcl_PkgProvideEx(interp, name, version, clientData) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter where package is needed or available. CONST char *name (in) Name of package. CONST char *version (in) A version string consisting of one or more decimal numbers separated by dots. int exact (in) Non-zero means that only the particular version specified by version is acceptable. Zero means that newer versions than version are also acceptable as long as they have the same major version number as version. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary value to be associated with the package. ClientData *clientDataPtr (out) Pointer to place to store the value associated with the matching package. It is only changed if the pointer is not NULL and the function completed successfully. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedures provide C-level interfaces to Tcl's package and version management facilities. Tcl_PkgRequire is equivalent to the package require command, Tcl_PkgPresent is equivalent to the package present command, and Tcl_PkgPro- vide is equivalent to the package provide command. See the documentation for the Tcl commands for details on what these procedures do. If Tcl_PkgPresent or Tcl_PkgRequire complete successfully they return a pointer to the version string for the version of the package that is provided in the interpreter (which may be different than version); if an error occurs they return NULL and leave an error message in the interpreter's result. Tcl_PkgProvide returns TCL_OK if it completes successfully; if an error occurs it returns TCL_ERROR and leaves an error message in the interpreter's result. Tcl_PkgProvideEx, Tcl_PkgPresentEx and Tcl_PkgRequireEx allow the setting and retrieving of the client data associated with the package. In all other respects they are equivalent to the matching functions. KEYWORDS
package, present, provide, require, version ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.5 Tcl_PkgRequire(3TCL)