Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Inserting duplicate lines in a file Post 302646895 by binlib on Saturday 26th of May 2012 10:59:32 AM
Old 05-26-2012
Code:
     -v      Cause hexdump to display all input data.  Without the -v option,
             any number of groups of output lines, which would be identical
             to the immediately preceding group of output lines (except for
             the input offsets), are replaced with a line comprised of a sin-
             gle asterisk.

This User Gave Thanks to binlib For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Duplicate lines in the file

Hi, I have a file with duplicate lines in it. I want to keep only the duplicate lines and delete the non duplicates. Can some one please help me? Regards Narayana Gupta (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing duplicate lines from a file

Hi, I am trying to remove duplicate lines from a file. For example the contents of example.txt is: this is a test 2342 this is a test 34343 this is a test 43434 and i want to remove the "this is a test" lines only and end up with the numbers in the file, that is, end up with: 2342... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the duplicate lines in a file

Hi, I need to concatenate three files in to one destination file.In this if some duplicate data occurs it should be deleted. eg: file1: ----- data1 value1 data2 value2 data3 value3 file2: ----- data1 value1 data4 value4 data5 value5 file3: ----- data1 value1 data4 value4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting a lines in a file

Hi folks, i need to insert the same set of lines between each line input lines 111111 aaaaaa 333333 output should be 111111 1 2 3 aaaaaa 1 2 3 333333 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji Sukumara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting lines in between the contents of file.

Hi, I want to insert some lines in between the contents of a file but the file format should not be changed. #!/usr/bin/sh - # Link appropriate OS specific versions of vxicap and vxchk4badblks vxlvmlink() { vxipath=/usr/lib/vxvm/bin relmajor=`uname -v` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate lines in a file

Hi All, I am trying to remove the duplicate entries in a file and print them just once. For example, if my input file has: 00:44,37,67,56,15,12 00:44,34,67,56,15,12 00:44,58,67,56,15,12 00:44,35,67,56,15,12 00:59,37,67,56,15,12 00:59,34,67,56,15,12 00:59,35,67,56,15,12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faiz1985
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicate lines in a file

I have a file with following data A B C I would like to print like this n times(For eg:5 times) A B C A B C A B C A B C A (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting lines from one file to a sorted list

Hello friends! I am working a Psychology/Neuro* project where I am sorting inline citations by category. The final step of the process has me a little stuck. I need to take citations from a text list and sort them in another text file. Here is a file X example... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danbroz
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from a file

Hi, I have a csv file which contains some millions of lines in it. The first line(Header) repeats at every 50000th line. I want to remove all the duplicate headers from the second occurance(should not remove the first line). I don't want to use any pattern from the Header as I have some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
7 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-hexdump - Hexdump utility from MDB Tools SYNOPSIS
mdb-hexdump file [pagenumber] DESCRIPTION
mdb-hexdump is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. mdb-hexdump makes a hex dump of a binary file (such as an mdb file). ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-sql(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-schema(1) mdb-tables(1) AUTHORS
The mdb-hexdump utility was written by Brian Bruns. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)