Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add missing linefeeds between formfeeds in reports Post 302646191 by rnygren on Thursday 24th of May 2012 04:38:17 PM
Old 05-24-2012
when I run in HPUX
Code:
HP-UX FRHGLIS1@FRH:/sunquest/lab/reports/hpf/SAVE # awk -v RS="\014" -v FS="\n" -v OFS="\n" -v ORS="\n\014" '{ NF=65 } 1' in > out
awk: Input line                      cannot be longer than 3,000 bytes.
 The source line number is 1.
HP-UX FRHGLIS1@FRH:/sunquest/lab/reports/hpf/SAVE #

So there must be more than 300 bytes per page or the formfedd RS is not recognized
same with "\f"
Code:
HP-UX FRHGLIS1@FRH:/sunquest/lab/reports/hpf/SAVE # awk -v RS="\f" -v FS="\n" -v OFS="\n" -v ORS="\n\014" '{ NF=65 } 1' in > out
awk: Input line                      cannot be longer than 3,000 bytes.
 The source line number is 1.

Last edited by Corona688; 05-24-2012 at 06:09 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need to add missing delimiters...

ladies, gents.. say i have a file that should have 10 fields... (9 delimiters) some records have 10 fields, some have 5 some have 8, etc.. nothing consistent, but i need my file to have 9 delimiters on each line, even if its null fields.. how can i go line by line and add the correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obarrett
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add missing times

Not sure about the title if someone has a better name for it please lemme know and I will edit the title. I have several (10+ files) which look something like: File 1: 12/28/2009 04:0 8 12/28/2009 04:4 4 12/28/2009 05:0 4 . . . File 2: 12/28/2009 04:1 7 12/28/2009 04:2 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstrangfeld
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removing embedded linefeeds

Greetings all, i have csv file with pipe separated columns SSN|NAME|ADDRESS|FILLER 123|abc|myaddress|xxx 234|BBB|my add ress broken up|yyy In the example above, the second record is broken into multiple lines. I need to keep going until I find a "|" since this issue is with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: stayalive
14 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

merging files and add missing rows

hello all, I have files that have a specific way for naming the first column they are make of five names in Pattern of 3 Y = (no case sensitive) so the files are names $Y-$Y-$Y or $X-$Y-$Z depending how we look they only exist of the pattern exist now I want to create a file from them that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
9 Replies

5. Solaris

[solved]Config/enable_mapping missing, how to add?

Issue resolved by upgrading from solaris 11 to solaris 11.1 I would like to enable network mapping. While using instructions from: https://blogs.oracle.com/VDIpier/entry/solaris_11_changing_the_hostname To change my hostname I noticed I am missing the enable mapping bool. What it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: taltamir
0 Replies

6. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

WARNING! 16126 bare linefeeds received in ASCII mode

I am doing FTP from a server and getting below ERROR:WARNING! 16126 bare linefeeds received in ASCII mode File may not have transferred correctly. I looked into web and found that I may need to change the mode to binary, but when I do so the records are not in readable format...So need the file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add missing value?

Hi Gurus, I have a txt file. some record missed 2nd colum value, I need put default value into the file. ex: below file, first 4 records, missed one column (only 4 columns. it should be 5) $cat missedfield aaa,bbb,ccc,fff aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd 111,222,333,444 111,222,333,444... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add word for a missing column

Hi team... I need some help/advise on adding a word for a missing column. I have a file as below. Rep N1 Forever Limited 2015 Rep N2 Limited 2016 since 2nd content is 3 lines missing one line so i need to make this like Rep N1 Forever (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbee5
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add missing date and time in a bash script?

Hi Again, I have a file that contains date and time for the past 2 hours. What i need is add missing date and time in a file. INPUT 2016-01-13 01:33 10 2016-01-13 01:31 10 2016-01-13 01:30 10 2016-01-13 01:29 10 2016-01-13 01:28 10 2016-01-13 01:27 10 2016-01-13 01:26 10 2016-01-13... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
14 Replies
MYSQLBUG(1)						       MySQL Database System						       MYSQLBUG(1)

NAME
mysqlbug - generate bug report SYNOPSIS
mysqlbug DESCRIPTION
This program enables you to generate a bug report and send it to Oracle Corporation. It is a shell script and runs on Unix. The normal way to report bugs is to visit http://bugs.mysql.com/, which is the address for our bugs database. This database is public and can be browsed and searched by anyone. If you log in to the system, you can enter new reports. If you have no Web access, you can generate a bug report by using the mysqlbug script. mysqlbug helps you generate a report by determining much of the following information automatically, but if something important is missing, please include it with your message. mysqlbug can be found in the scripts directory (source distribution) and in the bin directory under your MySQL installation directory (binary distribution). Invoke mysqlbug without arguments: shell> mysqlbug The script will place you in an editor with a copy of the report to be sent. Edit the lines near the beginning that indicate the nature of the problem. Then write the file to save your changes, quit the editor, and mysqlbug will send the report by email. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQLBUG(1)