Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ping between two virtual machines Post 302645987 by fpmurphy on Thursday 24th of May 2012 10:51:48 AM
Old 05-24-2012
Indead of setting up the VMs to use NAT (the default on VirtualBox), set them up to up a private network.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ping all the machines in the network

Is there any option for the utility "ping" , which can ping all the machines in the network? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Backing up virtual machines - opinions/suggestions needed.

Hi, I was required to do a backup of a virtual machine that runs on vmware. The guest operating system is windows, and the host is windows too. I have to backup the whole directory of the virtual machine (say in linux it'll be in /var/lib/vmware/virtual machines/) to a linux server. Initially... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
0 Replies

3. Linux

Routing via several interfaces for hosted virtual machines

My setup consists of a hardware node, which hosts several virtual machines (OpenVZ, to be precise). The hardware node has two network interfaces (<ifA>, <ifB>) connected to different subnets (<networkA>, <networkB>). I want to route the traffic of certain VEs over <ifB> while routing the other VEs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with finding info on pcode-interpreters-virtual machines

I'm trying to research interpreters and I can't find much info on Pcode or how or why it is used. Thanks in advance!:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtual machines in vmware requires reset of the vlan

I have virtual machines in the vmware environment that run either windows or linux that loose conncetivity and every time i have to change their vlan to vm network and latter join them to original vlan to gain connectivity. Advice (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amwai
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC. I want to lean KVM bios Logical Volume Management by KVM and other problem fix remotely.So,I want to practice on my PC.It,s Possible then how? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: domaingood
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
SD_GET_SEATS(3) 						   sd_get_seats 						   SD_GET_SEATS(3)

NAME
sd_get_seats, sd_get_sessions, sd_get_uids, sd_get_machine_names - Determine available seats, sessions, logged in users and virtual machines/containers SYNOPSIS
#include <systemd/sd-login.h> int sd_get_seats(char*** seats); int sd_get_sessions(char*** sessions); int sd_get_uids(uid_t** users); int sd_get_machine_names(char*** machines); DESCRIPTION
sd_get_seats() may be used to determine all currently available local seats. Returns a NULL terminated array of seat identifiers. The returned array and all strings it references need to be freed with the libc free(3) call after use. Note that instead of an empty array NULL may be returned and should be considered equivalent to an empty array. Similarly, sd_get_sessions() may be used to determine all current login sessions. Similarly, sd_get_uids() may be used to determine all Unix users who currently have login sessions. Similarly, sd_get_machine_names() may be used to determine all current virtual machines and containers on the system. Note that the returned lists are not sorted and in an undefined order. RETURN VALUE
On success, sd_get_seats(), sd_get_sessions(), sd_get_uids() and sd_get_machine_names() return the number of entries in the arrays. On failure, these calls return a negative errno-style error code. NOTES
The sd_get_seats(), sd_get_sessions(), sd_get_uids() and sd_get_machine_names() interfaces are available as a shared library, which can be compiled and linked to with the libsystemd-login pkg-config(1) file. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sd-login(3), sd_session_get_seat(3) systemd 208 SD_GET_SEATS(3)