Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks Need help naming this Linux cartoon Post 302645839 by DaveyWebster on Thursday 24th of May 2012 07:29:35 AM
Old 05-24-2012
Need help naming this Linux cartoon

Hi All,

I am desperate to find this online cartoon (or at least the name of it) from the early 2000's.

It was about a bunch of farm yard animals working in a UNIX-dominated IT office in various IT roles (Penguins were the Linux administrators, squirrels were web-designers - I think - etc ...).

The general theme was poking fun at UNIX quirks, WIndows monopolies, IT stereotypes, etc ...

It was written by a young couple.

I think the name had "oodles" or "doodles" or "bubbles" or similar in the title??

Uhm, that's about all I remember.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Dave

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Naming conventions for shared libraries in Linux

Hello, I'm wondering what is the naming conventions for *.so shared libraries in linux. For example, a library in /lib, say libcrypt-2.7.so has a symbolic link called libcrypt.so.1 pointing to it, yet libncursesw.so.5.6 has a symbolic link called libncursesw.so.5 pointing to it. What is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Looking for cartoon

Hey, I was just reminded to something: Years ago I have seen a cartoon, maybe dilbert-style?, with a couple of nerds talking. The title was "Computer-people probably aliens?" and the guys were saying all kinds of unix-commands with funny sounds, like gawk, grep, sed, awk and so on. Does... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
0 Replies
pnmindex(1)						      General Commands Manual						       pnmindex(1)

NAME
pnmindex - build a visual index of a bunch of anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmindex [-size N] [-across N] [-colors N] [-black] [-title T] [-quant|-noquant] pnmfile ... DESCRIPTION
pnmindex creates an index image containing thumbnail (small) versions of a bunch of PNM files you supply. pnmindex labels each thumbnail and, optionally, contains a title. OPTIONS
-size N The size of each thumbnail. The image is scaled to fit maximally inside a N x N pixel box without changing its aspect ratio. Default is 100. -across N The number of thumbnails in each row. Default is 6. -colors N The maximum number of colors allowed in the overall image. If it would otherwise have more colors than these, pnmindex quantizes the result. The default is 256. However, this value is meaningless if you specify the -noquant option. -black This controls the color of the padding between the images; normally it's white and the labels are black lettering on white back- ground, but the -black flag reverses this. -title title Specifies a title top place at the top of the image. Default is no title. -quant Enables quanization (to the number of colors specified by -colors ). Quantization is on by default but you can disable it with -noquant. -noquant See -quant. SEE ALSO
pnmscale(1), pnmcat(1), pbmtext(1), ppmquant(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. -title and -noquant added 2000 by John Heidemann. 9 January 1991 pnmindex(1)