Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C++ and Unix NEED HELP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers C++ and Unix NEED HELP Post 302645615 by KUJayhawk123 on Thursday 24th of May 2012 11:54:15 AM
Old 05-24-2012
1. What language is that? I want to read up on it.
2. What would be the general form of any unix command?
3. What would the unix command to run this with the arguments look like?
And thank your so much!

---------- Post updated 05-24-12 at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous update was 05-23-12 at 07:38 PM ----------

does this look right?

Code:
OPT=0
OP=0

while [ "$#" -gt 0 ]
do
        case "$1" in
        -cfg) cfg_file=$2; shift ;;
        -dir)  file_name=$2; shift ;;
        -run) run_num=$2; shift ;;
        -mask) OPT=1 ;;
        -root) OP=1 ;;
        *)     break ;;
        esac

shift
done

if [ -z "$cfg_file" ]
then
        echo "No config file given" >&2
        exit 1
fi

if [ -z "$file_name" ]
then
        echo "No file name given" >&2
        exit 1
fi

if [ -z "$run_num" ]
then
        echo "No run number given" >&2
        exit 1
fi

if [ "$OPT" -eq 1 ]
then
        ../bin/takeData -l -dir $file_name -trimVcal 60 -mask
        cd ../convert_to_tree/
        cp $file_name/phCalibrationFitTan_C0.dat $file_name/phCalibrationFit60_C0.dat
        cp $file_name/phCalibrationFit60_C0.dat ~/log/bt0500$run_num
        cp ../convert_to_tree/config.dat_original ~/log/bt0500$run_num
        ./convert_to_tree -l -r $run_num
        ./pulseHeightMain $run_num

if [ "$OP" -eq 1 ] 
        then 
                cd ~/log/bt05r00$run_num 
                root -l 
else 
        ../bin/takeData -l -dir $file_name -trimVcal 60 
        cd ../convert_to_tree/ 
        ./Analyze.py --dir $file_name --cfg $cfg_file $run_num 

if [ "$OP" -eq 1 ] 
        then 
                cd ~/log/bt0500$run_num 
                root -l 
fi

I added another option to run the change directory and run root -l and I want to add a -h help option and print some stuff. I'm assuming I'd ad a -h) *something* ;;

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Code tags for code, please.

Last edited by Corona688; 05-24-2012 at 01:17 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
FCGIWRAP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FCGIWRAP(8)

NAME
fcgiwrap - serve CGI applications over FastCGI SYNOPSIS
fcgiwrap [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
fcgiwrap is a simple server for running CGI applications over FastCGI. It hopes to provide clean CGI support to Nginx (and other web servers that may need it). OPTIONS
-c number Number of fcgiwrap processes to prefork. -s socket_url A URL for the listen socket to bind to. By default fcgiwrap expects a listen socket to be passed on file descriptor 0, matching the FastCGI convention. The recommended way to deploy fcgiwrap is to run it under a process manager that takes care of opening the socket. However, for simple configurations and one-off tests this option may be used. Valid socket_urls include unix:/path/to/unix/socket, tcp:dot.ted.qu.ad:port and tcp6:[ipv6_addr]:port. -h Show a help message and exit. ENVIRONMENT
When running, fcgiwrap evaluates these environment variables set by the web server calling an fcgi-script. The variables DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME will be concatenated and the resulting executable run as CGI script wrapped as FastCGI, with the remainder after the script name available as PATH_INFO. To disable PATH_INFO mangling, set up your web server to pass SCRIPT_FILENAME, which should contain the com- plete path to the script. Then PATH_INFO will not be modified. DOCUMENT_ROOT directory which the script resides in SCRIPT_NAME actual executable SCRIPT_FILENAME complete path to CGI script. When set, overrides DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME EXAMPLE
The fastest way to see fcgiwrap do something is to launch it at the command line like this: fcgiwrap -s unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock Apart from potential permission problems etc., it should be ready to accept FastCGI requests and run CGI scripts. Most probably you will want to launch fcgiwrap by spawn-fcgi using a configuration like this: FCGI_SOCKET=/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock FCGI_PROGRAM=/usr/sbin/fcgiwrap FCGI_USER=nginx FCGI_GROUP=www FCGI_EXTRA_OPTIONS="-M 0700" ALLOWED_ENV="PATH" Nginx can be configured to have the arbitrary CGI cgit run as FastCGI as follows: location / { fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cgit/; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME cgit; fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fastcgi.sock; } AUTHOR
fcgiwrap was written by Grzegorz Nosek <root@localdomain.pl> with contributions by W-Mark Kubacki <wmark@hurrikane.de>. This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> (with contributions by Grzegorz Nosek) for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Jun 3, 2010 FCGIWRAP(8)