Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to check the software is 32 bit or 64 bit? Post 302645563 by admin_xor on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 05:28:08 PM
Old 05-23-2012
Well, if you have the package with you, you can use the "rpm -qi" command as suggested. If it's in a Yum repository, you can check the same with "yum info pacakge_name". By default, yum installs 64 bit versions of packages for a 64 bit system.

But, if you do not have access to both of them, and if you know the executable ELF binary file which is being used by the web service deamon (you should know this as an SA), you can do a simple "file" command on that and will see output similar to the below if it's a 64 bit ELF (which necessarily comes from a 64 bit version of the package):

Code:
/some/binary ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, stripped

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

boot the 32 bit kernel on a 64 bit PPC Linux machine?

Hi all, I'm looking to cover a corner case for an upcoming test cycle. Is there a way to boot a RedHat Advanced Server 4 (update 3) installed on a Power PC machine to use a 32 bit kernel? This would be similar to what is done here -> https://www.unix.com/aix/26204-aix-platform.html I've done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philrau
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
yum-utils(1)															      yum-utils(1)

NAME
yum-utils - tools for manipulating repositories and extended package management SYNOPSIS
debuginfo-install - install debuginfo packages and their dependencies find-repos-of-install - report which repository the package was installed from needs-restarting - report process ids that started running before they or some component they use were updated package-cleanup - manage package cleanup, duplicates, orphaned packages and outstanding dependency problems repo-graph - outputs a full package dependency list in dot format repo-rss - generates an RSS feed from one or more repositories repoclosure - reads metadata of repositories, checks dependencies and displays list of unresolved dependencies repodiff - takes two or more repositories, returns a list of added, removed or changed packages repomanage - manages a directory of rpm packages, returns a list of newest or oldest packages in a directory repoquery - query yum repositories and get additional information on the them reposync - synchronize a remote yum repository to a local directory using yum to retrieve packages repotrack - track packages and its dependencies and downloads them show-changed-rco - list of changes to a package Requires, Conflicts and Obsoletes data from installed to a specified rpm file show-installed - gives a compact description of packages installed and makes use of comps groups in repositories verifytree - verify that a local yum repository is consistent yum-builddep - installs missing dependencies to build a specified package yum-complete-transaction - finds incomplete or aborted yum transactions and attempts to complete them yum-config-manager - toggle yum repositories, add new repositories and set main yum configuration options yum-debug-dump - creates gzipped file containing information for debugging problems yum-debug-restore - replays any transactions captured in gzipped file in yum shell yum-groups-manager - create and edit yum's group metadata yum-installed - print a compact package list making use of comps groups yumdb - query or alter the yum database yumdownloader - downloads packages from yum repositories including source RPMs DESCRIPTION
yum-utils is a collection of tools and programs for managing yum repositories, installing debug packages, source packages, extended infor- mation from repositories and administration. NOTES
See respective tools for additional help for commands without a manual page SEE ALSO
debuginfo-install(1), package-cleanup(1), repodiff(1), repoquery(1), reposync(1), repo-rss(1), show-changed-rco(1), show-installed(1), yum- downloader(1), yum-builddep(1), yum-debug-dump(1), yum-groups-manager(1), yumdb(8), yum-complete-transaction(8) AUTHOR
Shawn Starr <shawn.starr@rogers.com> yum-utils August 2011 yum-utils(1)