Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ? Post 302645553 by admin_xor on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 05:03:41 PM
Old 05-23-2012
Red Hat just needs a valid corporate E-mail ID (your office E-mail ID would work) to be used while downloading RHEL. That's it!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount iso image

I would like to mount an iso CD image on my Suse linux (SLES 9), the image has been copied to my suse linux machine. am able to mount the iso image manually by mount -oloop /iso/SLES-9-i386-CD1.iso /free but I would like to put the above entry in /etc/fstab so that when the machine is rebooted,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
2 Replies

2. Solaris

iso files to make bootable dvd image

Hey all, I'm a newbie to iso files and I just downloaded the 2 iso files for *cough* ms2003 R2 *cough* trial software. After I downloaded the iso files I just dragged them to my burn software gui and sure enough it burned to dvd 2 iso files. When I attempted to boot the image using VMware... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Writing ISO image to CD

I want to install Ubuntu 7.10 and I have ISO image ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso . How can I convert to a bootable CD on linux or on windows. Thanks, J. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8/07 DVD ISO for SPARC

I'm in shock! Sorry =( Step 1. I'm download 2 segments of Sun Solaris 10 8/07 from Solaris Operating System - Get Solaris 10. After unzip they i have it: bash$ ls -l total 9705512 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 321 Feb 1 11:13 checksum.md5 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1621098496... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris ISO image

Hi All, Can anyone give me the lnik to download the iso image file Solaris 10 . I need to install it on my local machine . Pls help me out. VINU (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to write DVD ISO?

Hi friends, I wish to know that how i can write a dvd or cd iso images to the blank dvd in solaris. Is there any software like Nero for windows? Pleas help me. Thanks | P.Bharathiraja.http://static.linuxquestions.org/questions/images/smilies/read.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharathiraja
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Need HP-UX 11i v1 ISO dvd

Hello, I need a dvd with HP-UX 11iv1 to perform a reinstall in a rp5430. I've looking all over hp but it doesn't seem to be available for download anywhere. Is there any possibility of obtaining an online copy?? Best regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iperez
4 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris 10 update 10 8/11 dvd iso

Hi, I can not download iso file as it failed after downloading 1.1 or 1.2 gigs. I tried several times but each time it failed and the error messages like "File not found" or "Read error". My connection is stable (shown 32kbps and 18 hrs completion time) and I used jdownloader and flashgot... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
10 Replies

9. Solaris

How to Create ISO Image of a CD/DVD in Solaris 10?

Hi Solaris 10 Experts, How can I create an ISO Image of a CD/DVD from the cdrom to a temporary directory, and then use that image to burn it on a blank DVD in the cdrom in Solaris 10 1/13 OS environment? Please provide me with an example. With best regards, SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
UP2DATE(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.							UP2DATE(8)

NAME
rhnsd - a program for quering the Red Hat Network for updates and information SYNOPSIS
rhnsd [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
rhnsd is a daemon process that runs in the background and periodically polls the Red Hat Network to see if there are any queued actions available. If any are queued, it runs them. rhnsd is typically started from the init scripts in /etc/init.d/rhnsd when it's time to poll the Red Hat Network servers for available updates and actions. The default interval is every 120 minutes. The minimum polling interval is 60 minutes. To check for updates, rhnsd runs an external program called rhn_check. This is a small application that actually makes the network connec- tion to Red Hat Networks. The rhnsd daemon does not listen on any network ports, nor does it ever talk to the network directly. Any network activity is done via the rhn_check utility. rhnsd can be configure by editing the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd config file. This is actually the configuration file the rhnsd init script /etc/init.d/rhnsd uses. -i, --interval Specify the interval that rhnsd should wait between checking the Red Hat Network. Default is 120 minutes, the minimum is 60 minutes. This can also be specified in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd -v, --verbose output more information about what rhnsd is doing. -f, --foreground force the rhnds process to run in the foreground instead of automatically backgrounding itself, as it does by default. FILES /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd Configuration settings for the rhnsd daemons init script. /usr/sbin/rhn_check The external program launched by rhnsd to connect to the Red Hat Network and retrieve any actions that have queued up. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid A certification that authenticates the client machine to the Red Hat Network. Generated via the up2date or rhnreg_ks utility. SEE ALSO
The rhnsd daemon is tightly coupled with Red Hat Network. Visit <http://www.redhat.com/network> for access or to sign up. rhn_check(8), up2date(8), up2date-config(8), AUTHORS
Written by Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> and Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999, 2000 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Fri Feb 9 2001 UP2DATE(8)