Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with counter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with counter Post 302645425 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 11:23:42 AM
Old 05-23-2012
Code:
awk '{print substr($0, length($0)-3)} ' inputfile | sort -nu > outfile
start=$(head -1 outfile)
end=$( tail -1 outfile)
while [ $start -le $end ]
do
     echo $start
     grep -q $start || echo $start
     start=$((  $start + 1 ))
done > badfile
printf "missing patterns are "
tr -s '\n'  '.'  < badfile

try that

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counter / increment problem within echo stmt

Simple script trying to increment a counter within an echo statement never gets past 1 - PLEASE HELP! Thanks. ~~~~~~~~~~~ #!/bin/sh stepup() { STEP=`expr $STEP + 1` echo $STEP } # # Initialize variables # STEP=0 echo "Counter Value: `stepup`" echo "Counter Value:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaze
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

counter problem

Hi, I'm attempting to take the following input list and create an output file as shown below. I've monkeyed around for long enough. Can anyone help? NOTE: fs*** will be header and I want to get a count on NY**. fs200a NY7A fs200b NY7B NY7B NY7B fs200c NY7C NY7C NY7C NY7C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem assigning a counter for particular pattern

Hi, I have a script that compares two files(which are updated dynamically by a daemon) and evaluate results from the comparision. For the first line of comparision from the file1, i will grep some part of the line in file with file1 and set a counter for that particular comparison. So for each... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counter

Hi, I need some help. Shell script counter. i need to add condition to check if counter is more than 10 and longer than 3 hours? it runs every 5 mins. it only check count and send email right now. it runs in cron as below gregcount.ksh gregdb 10 > /tmp/gregcount.out 2> /tmp/gregcount.err ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pega
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and counter

Hi, I have such an example(ksh): name1=Example directory=/directory1/Example/directory2 match=$(grep -s '$name1' $directory | wc -l) echo $match But it replies to me: 0 What I expect from it, is to find $name1 in $directory and produce 1 for me as true, not false. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chish
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK counter problem

Hi I have a file like below ############################################ # ParentFolder Flag SubFolders Colateral 1 Source1/Checksum CVA 1 Source1/Checksum Flexing 1 VaR/Checksum Flexing 1 SVaR/Checksum FX 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Counter

cat sport_by_month Month : Jan sport :Football sport :Volleyball Month: Feb sport :BasketBall sport: Cricket sport: Fotball Month: Mar Month: APR sport : Bowling sport : Climbing I need your help to have a script that count the number of sports per month and sorted by mont with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counter

if ;then echo "mrnet greater 5000" gzip /var/log/mrnet.log mv /var/log/mrnet.log.gz /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz if ];then i=1 let i++ mv /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz /var/log/vieux-logs/mrnet.log.$i.gz else echo "theres no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Froob
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record counter

For the following code SEQ=200 awk -v S="$SEQ" ' $0 ~ S { N++ print N } ' "$1"ascii >"$1"search N is printed 8002 times as it occurred 8002 times in file how I could print the counter one time only (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
20 Replies
asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-appserv, start-appserv - starts thedomains in the specified or default domains directory SYNOPSIS
start-appserv [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] DESCRIPTION
This command has been deprecated. Please use start-domain to start the domains in the specified or default domains directory. start-appserv starts the domains in the specified or default domains direcotry. If the domains directory is not specified, the domains in the default domains directory are started. The default domains directory is install_dir/domains. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are started. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains are started in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)