Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to enable command history in AIX 6 Post 302644963 by dukessd on Tuesday 22nd of May 2012 08:51:24 PM
Old 05-22-2012
Code:
set -o vi

to kick off vi as the history editor if it is not in your .profile - and how would you edit .profile is another thread if you do not know vi and don't have another editor...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command history in AIX

Hi All, I would like to know how to get the command history from the prompt. For example in dos, if we hit the Up Arrow, we get the previous command. I am not getting this in my telnet session (AIX) at the prompt. I know that if I type history command it will give a list of cammands I typed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya_v111
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

3. AIX

turn on aix history command

how do i turn on aix43 history command? so that i could recall the command with <esc>+k. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX bash history recall

Is it possible to use the keyboard UP ARROW in place of k to recall history? If so, how/what do I need to do change terminal emulation, etc.? TIA, George (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwfay
7 Replies

5. AIX

Enable send email through smtp - exchange on AIX 6.1

Please help, i can not to send email from AIX 6.1 to outside network through STMP - Exchange. Any one can help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichsan
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. AIX

Enable large filesize option in NFS mount in AIX 4.3

Hi All, I have a NFS mount filesystem, however it is not supporting a creation of filesize greater than 2 GB in it, how can i enable the option (bf = true) in it. The AIX version is 4.3.2 Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
1 Replies

8. AIX

Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ?

Hi, I've verified my AIX 7.1 LPAR , and TCB is disabled by default. #odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt PdAt: uniquetype = "" attribute = "TCB_STATE" deflt = "tcb_disabled" values = "" width = "" type = "" generic = "" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

9. AIX

Checking the command history file in AIX

Hello, The system has been rebooted and I need to see the commands executed in the system prior to restart by the oracle user.The history command is not showing me the commands executed prior to reboot. Please advise. Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

10. AIX

Privacy enable on SNMPv3 AIX)

I have SNMPv3 working on our server but when viewed from the security software, it shows no privacy enabled AIX 7.1, TL1, snmp.crypto 6.1.2.0 installed, ran snmpv3_ssw -e Unsure what I have configured wrong. What is needed to show Privacy in AIX. I looked at a config on a Solaris box... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anrivera140
5 Replies
profile(7D)							      Devices							       profile(7D)

NAME
profile - DTrace profile interrupt provider DESCRIPTION
The profile driver is a DTrace dynamic tracing provider that adds time-based interrupt event sources that can be used as DTrace probes. Each profile event source is a time-based interrupt firing every fixed, specified time interval. You can use these probes to sample some aspect of system state every unit time and the samples can then be used to infer system behavior. If the sampling rate is high, or the sam- pling time is long, an accurate inference is possible. By using the DTrace facility to bind arbitrary actions to probes, you can use the profile provider to sample practically anything in the system. For example, you could sample the state of the current thread, the CPU state, or the current machine instruction each time a probe fires. The profile driver is not a public interface and you access the instrumentation offered by this provider through DTrace. Refer to the Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide for a description of the public documented interfaces available for the DTrace facility and the probes offered by the profile provider. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdtrp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), attributes(5), dtrace(7D) Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide SunOS 5.11 4 Sep 2003 profile(7D)