Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please Help quickly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please Help quickly Post 302644735 by neutronscott on Tuesday 22nd of May 2012 10:20:15 AM
Old 05-22-2012
I'd love to help, but the admins would get mad if I did your homework for free. Smilie

There is a forum for homework. We'd also rather see you learn than to be spoon fed. So what have you tried?

Try again: Homework & Coursework Questions - The UNIX and Linux Forums

Edit: After reading: Forum Rules and the homework rules: Rules for Homework & Coursework
This User Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help quickly..

I want to pass arguments to a sh program and I want to use these arguments in the program as variables? Will I use argc and argv in a main function can anyone around me write the full code please for example when I write in th command sh myprogram.sh argument1 argument2 I want to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

2. AIX

Root partition fills up very quickly

Hi, I have an AIX 4.3 H80 running oracle 8i. My /(ROOT) partion is mounted seperately from others (/usr, /var, /tmp, etc) However, the partion fills up almost nightly. Appreciate any ideas that'll help solve my problem. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svjn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solution for this quickly. please quickly.

Write a nawk script that will produce the following report: ***FIRST QUARTERLY REPORT*** ***CAMPAIGN 2004 CONTRIBUTIONS*** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- NAME PHONE Jan | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.palakj.shah
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing tmp file too quickly?

Still trying to get the basics down and I would like a different solution to what I'm currently doing and a better understanding of why it's happening. I've written a simple backup script that tars individual directories and then dumps them to a NFS drive. STDERR is being dumped into a process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandelbrot333
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing directory quickly without cd ..

Hi, I am in /home/development/project/abc directory. Now I want to remove one file which is kept in /trial/dev/<file> directory. I would like to do it in one command. I tried changing directory in one command like: pwd /home/development/project/abc cd ~/trial/dev/ bash: no command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing lookup quickly

Hello, Have been trying to develop a script that reads a string from an input file then looks up that string in a reference file to get a number, then inset that number back into the original file at a certain point (_____): Input File: HARRY JON _____ AA M N PETER PIE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dendright
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Service is restarting too quickly

Hi guys, one of my services in solaris 10 is in maintenance mode. When I checked why, the reason is that the service is "restarting too quickly." # svcs -x svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default (Sun Solstice Enterprise Master Agent) State:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)