Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Verticalize lines?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Verticalize lines? Post 302644301 by joeyg on Monday 21st of May 2012 03:16:16 PM
Old 05-21-2012
Please remember to search the Boards prior to asking a question

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...transpose.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count lines - ignoring blank lines and commented lines

What is the command to count lines in a files, but ignore blank lines and commented lines? I have a file with 4 sections in it, and I want each section to be counted, not including the blank lines and comments... and then totalled at the end. Here is an example of what I would like my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print n lines from top and n lines from bottom of all files with .log extenstion

Oracle Linux 6.4 In a directory I have more than 300 files with the extension .log I want the first 5 and last 5 lines of these .log files to be printed on screen with each file's name. Expected output : Printing first 5 and last 5 lines of FX_WT_Feb8_2014.log !! Authentication... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging multiple lines to columns with awk, while inserting commas for missing lines

Hello all, I have a large csv file where there are four types of rows I need to merge into one row per person, where there is a column for each possible code / type of row, even if that code/row isn't there for that person. In the csv, a person may be listed from one to four times... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RalphNY
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
fb.modes(5)						     Linux frame buffer utils						       fb.modes(5)

NAME
fb.modes - frame buffer modes file DESCRIPTION
/etc/fb.modes contains an unlimited number of video mode descriptions. The general format of a video mode is: mode geometry <xres> <yres> <vxres> <vyres> <depth> timings <pixclock> <left> <right> <upper> <lower> <hslen> <vslen> options <value> rgba <red,green,blue,alpha> endmode OPTIONS
geometry options: xres visible horizontal resolution (in pixels) yres visible vertical resolution (in pixels) vxres virtual horizontal resolution (in pixels) vyres virtual vertical resolution (in pixels) depth display depth (in bits per pixel) timing options: pixclock length of one pixel (in picoseconds) left left margin (in pixels) right right margin (in pixels) upper upper margin (in pixel lines) lower lower margin (in pixel lines) hslen horizontal sync length (in pixels) vslen vertical sync length (in pixel lines) rgba options (only valid with truecolor): red red color bitfields (in length or length/offset) green green color bitfields (in length or length/offset) blue blue color bitfields (in length or length/offset) alpha alpha color bitfields (in length or length/offset) other options: the first value of this options is the default hsync {low|high} the horizontal sync polarity vsync {low|high} the vertical sync polarity csync {low|high} the composite sync polarity gsync {low|high} the sync on green polarity bcast {false|true} enable or disable broadcast modes. If enabled the frame buffer generates the exact timings fot several broadcast modes (e.g. PAL or NTSC). Note that this option may not be supported by every frame buffer extsync {false|true} enable or disable external resync. If enabled the sync timings are not generated by the frame buffer device and must be pro- vided externally instead. Note that this option may not be supported by every frame buffer device laced {false|true} enable or disable interlace. If enabled the display will be split in two frames, each frame contains only even and odd lines respectively. These two frames will be displayed alternating, this way twice the lines can be displayed and the vertical fre- quency for monitor stays the same, but the visible vertical frequency gets halved double {false|true} enable or disable doublescan. If enabled every line will be displayed twice and this way the horizontal frequency can easily be doubled, so that the same resolution can be displayed on different monitors, even if the horizontal frequency specifica- tion differs. Note that this option may not be supported by every frame buffer device nostd <number> select nonstandard video mode accel {false|true} enable or disable hardware text acceleration grayscale {false|true} enable or disable graylevels instead of colors INTERNALS
Generally a frame buffer display is organized as follows: +---+---------------+---+---+ | | ^ | | | | | | 5 | | | | | v | | | +---#################---+---+ | # ^ # | | | # | # | | | # | # | | | 1 # | 2 # 3 | 4 | |<->#<------+------>#<->|<->| | # | # | | | # | 6 # | | | # | # | | | # v # | | +---#################---+---+ | | ^ | | | | | | 7 | | | | | v | | | +---+---------------+---+---+ | | ^ | | | | | | 8 | | | | | v | | | +---+---------------+---+---+ 1 left margin 2 xres 3 right margin 4 horizontal sync len 5 upper margin 6 yres 7 lower margin 8 vertical sync len The area bordered with `#' is the visible display area. Horizontal and vertical frequencies can now easily be calculated, for this the sum of horizontal or vertical values are important htotal = left + xres + right + hslen vtotal = upper + yres + lower + vslen The length of one line can now be calculated with pixclock line = pixclock * htotal and we have the horizontal frequency hfreq = 1E12 / line = 1E12 / (pixclock * htotal) To get the vertical frequency vtotal must eventually adjusted. If the display is laced, vtotal must be halved or if the display is a dou- blescan one, vtotal must be doubled. Now we can calculate the length of one frame if (lace) vtotal /= 2 if (double) vtotal *= 2 frame = vtotal * line and we get also the vertical frequency vfreq = 1E12 / frame = hfreq / vtotal SEE ALSO
fbset(8), fbdev(4) 2.1 2003-08-07 fb.modes(5)