Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ext File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ext File Post 302644173 by JolietJake on Monday 21st of May 2012 11:42:26 AM
Old 05-21-2012
More than one field per line

This file is not formatted with one record(field) on each line
in some instances the more than one field is on the same line
Example: dbt_verstimestamp= May 15 2012 3:37PM dbt_dbname=TestDB

SO how would I grab the date 'May 15 2012 3:37PM' and grab the field dbt_dbname and it valur 'TestDB'

then read the next field.
with the file formated with more than one field on each line I think the delimiter for the next field would be
dbt_

SO how would I modify the script to account for that

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename file to file.ext.datetime

Hi, I need to rename a file like this to include date and time: Original File : error.log Date time: Sep 20, 2007 14:10:10 New File Name: error.log.20070920_1410 How can I get date and time stame and include it in mv command. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tripsat
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with a ext. modem on SCO 5.0.5

I am fully capable of reading a book to get the answers or looking to the web, but no one has the answer to this one. I had a Zoom 56K V34 Plus external modem (2836A) attached to my Unix box for about ten years without a flaw. This weekend I couldn't access the box remotely through the modem and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scivic
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shred() not working on ext* file systems

When vfat format my128kb flash drive, shred works fine. But, when I format it using ext2 or ext3, shred() exits with this error: shred: /dev/sdb1: pass 1/1 (random)... shred: /dev/sdb1: error writing at offset 12288: Invalid argumentAnyone know what is going on? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: codecellar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Limitation on *.ext

Is there a size limit when passing an argument using wildcards? I.E. when I pass an argument in the form (like) "ftp_auto *.txt" - is there a limitation on the size of UNIX expanding "*.txt" ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

du -s *.ext (total)

How would I get a total of a wildcard of files from the 'du' command? du -s *.pdf Result: 736 11mens_bracket.pdf 64 2011_NIT_Bracket_3_13_11.pdf 80 Doing more with Less part1.pdf 1064 Doing more with Less part2.pdf 28 Parkview_1309_Garage.pdf 3964 statsheet-bracket-2011.pdf Expected... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate name diff file ext

Hi All I have converted a load of files to different formats but I am now left with a folder with loads of differnt files All of them are called the same, the only differnce is the file extension (Sizes also vary so cannot do anything with MD5) example file1.abc file1.xyz file2.abc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tofa83
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log ext

I have a script that does log rotation, at 10000k, it will print out the logs as follows: name.date.0.log(1gb) name.date.1.log(1gb) name.date.2.log(200mb) << current log being written to at midnight it reverts back to : name.date.0.log(size) I want it to be able to go past date.9.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbenn
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

One router, 2 machines, to OS, 2 different ext. IP's?

I even don't dare to ask for a hint, but as I am looking for clues may someone can help me, though reading me bsd handbook. It is about one machine running as media play studio with a debian distro and one machine running bsd 10.2 connected to one router. By booting first the debian machine it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
4 Replies
shishi_asn1_to_der_field(3)					      shishi					       shishi_asn1_to_der_field(3)

NAME
shishi_asn1_to_der_field - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_asn1_to_der_field(Shishi * handle, Shishi_asn1 node, const char * field, char ** der, size_t * len); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle shishi handle as allocated by shishi_init(). Shishi_asn1 node ASN.1 data that have field to extract. const char * field name of field in node to extract. char ** der output array that holds DER encoding of field in node. size_t * len output variable with length of der output array. DESCRIPTION
Extract newly allocated DER representation of specified ASN.1 field. RETURN VALUE
Returns SHISHI_OK if successful, or SHISHI_ASN1_ERROR if DER encoding fails (common reasons for this is that the ASN.1 is missing required values). REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_asn1_to_der_field(3)