Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Meaning of error-reset-recovery parameter in OK Post 302644093 by sb200 on Monday 21st of May 2012 09:46:21 AM
Old 05-21-2012
Meaning of error-reset-recovery parameter in OK

Hi

Could any one explain the meaning & purpose of below mention parameters in layman term. Suppose if we set below paramet what will happen.

error-reset-recovery=boot

error-reset-recovery=sync

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

network card physical reset error

Hi all I am facing some problem with network card i am using solaris8 and on sunultra10 .As it is my firewal machine i have got on backup harddisk for any emergency. In one hardidsk while installation only hme0 interface was configured and in the backup hard disk qfe0/hme0 both are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need error code: rcp - reset by peer

I'm modifying a script that usese rcp. Currently the script may fail because of the "reset by peer" error message. I want to trap this in the script using a check with the $? Can anyone tell me what the error code is for the "Reset by Peer" error message when encountered by the rcp command. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimcampanella
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding Error message: A test command parameter is not valid

Hi I am getting few messages when trying to run my script from the following lines in the script if test then // SomeCode fi The messages are as follows: testing.sh: OBLIGOR_GROUP_ID: 0403-012 A test command parameter is not valid. testing.sh:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0"

Hi All... I'm newbie here..., i have problem when installing oracle9206, i use HPUX 11.11, i'm using Xmanager enterprise 2.1 for forwarding from server A to my laptop # export DISPLAY=192.168.1.239:0.0 # echo $DISPLAY output ==> 192.168.1.239:0.0 at the oracle directory, i execute ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimanda
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

8. SCO

Recovery error : mit_hdpart0 failed

Hi, I'm a new user of unix sco open server. In my work place i had to recover a sco openserver backup into another PC but when i'm trying to do that i got this error message ::wall: dparm: write ioctl failed: No such device or address Invalid entry mit_hdpart0 failed Fatal Error: A critical... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mammut3d
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies
MODBUS_SET_ERROR_REC(3) 					 Libmodbus Manual					   MODBUS_SET_ERROR_REC(3)

NAME
modbus_set_error_recovery - set the error recovery mode SYNOPSIS
int modbus_set_error_recovery(modbus_t *ctx, modbus_error_recovery_mode error_recovery); DESCRIPTION
The modbus_set_error_recovery() function shall set the error recovery mode to apply when the connection fails or the byte received is not expected. The argument error_recovery may be bitwise-or'ed with zero or more of the following constants. By default there is no error recovery (MODBUS_ERROR_RECOVERY_NONE) so the application is responsible for controlling the error values returned by libmodbus functions and for handling them if necessary. When MODBUS_ERROR_RECOVERY_LINK is set, the library will attempt an immediate reconnection (which may hang for several seconds if the network to the remote target unit is down). This mode will try a infinite close/connect loop until success on send call and will just try one time to retablish the connection on select/read calls (if the connecton was down, the values to read are certainly not available anymore after reconnection, except for slave/server). This mode will also run flush requests after a delay based on the current response timeout in some situations (eg. timeout of select call). When MODBUS_ERROR_RECOVERY_PROTOCOL is set, a sleep and flush sequence will be used to cleanup the ongoing communication, this can occurs when the message length is invalid, the TID is wrong or the received function code is not the expected one. The modes are mask values and so they are complementary. It's not recommended to enable error recovery for slave/server. RETURN VALUE
The modbus_set_error_recovery() function shall return 0 if successful. Otherwise it shall return -1 and set errno to one of the values defined below. ERRORS
EINVAL The value of the argument error_recovery is not positive. EXAMPLE
modbus_set_error_recovery(ctx, MODBUS_ERROR_RECOVERY_LINK | MODBUS_ERROR_RECOVERY_PROTOCOL); AUTHORS
The libmodbus documentation was written by Stephane Raimbault <stephane.raimbault@gmail.com[1]> NOTES
1. stephane.raimbault@gmail.com mailto:stephane.raimbault@gmail.com libmodbus 3.0.3 05/26/2012 MODBUS_SET_ERROR_REC(3)