Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Schedule script is not executing some times Post 302643995 by Mohammed Fareed on Monday 21st of May 2012 05:54:38 AM
Old 05-21-2012
I want to check two clause one is
PHP Code:
shutdown 
and another is
PHP Code:
terminated instace
in my above code its not working...
Mohammed Fareed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I schedule a script on Solaris?

How can I schedule a script on Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krikets
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a script to check mail?

Hi, I'd like to somehow schedule a task on my webserver, such that my account's mail is checked every 10-15 minutes and: a) any new e-mails received from a particular address are POST-ed to a PHP webpage on my server. b) any new e-mails received from a different particular address are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stujones
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Schedule Scrutiny

Hi All, Here's one that may belong in the Scripting Thread but I thought I'd start off here. Here's the scenario:- I have to transfer the functionality and data from an old E450 to a nice new Sun V440. The E450 contains a bunch of scripts which may or may not still be in use daily,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geralex2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule my script without crontab

I have a script which shoud run after every 30 minutes.Though I know abt crontab, unfortunately I dont have access/authorization to use crontab in my terminal. Could any one pls let me know how to schedule the script without crontab ? Regards Prashant:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule a script in crontab.

Hi, My script is in $home/bin/sample.sh. I want to run the script for 3times a day, first execution will be at 08:00 am. second execution will be at 16:00 pm third will be at 23:59 pm. what will be the entry with this requirement?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrima.pratima
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to schedule script to run Ubuntu 10.04

On Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I would like to know the best way to schedule myscript.sh to run at a specified time, please provide examples and specify things like does cron have to be running, how do I check if cron is running and all that. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to run the AT command,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to schedule job at different times

Hi, I want to run cron scheduler to run some script at different times of the day.But these times don't have some fix intervals. So how we can run jobs at 6:30AM, 1:00PM and 4:30PM everyday. Please help. Thanks Neeraj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule tasks in shell script

shell=ksh, How could I schedule tasks in shell script INSTEAD OF using the crontab -e functionality? For example, I want a script to print "Hello World" every 10 seconds (i.e., INTERVAL = 10s) until external termination signal is triggered. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule the Script

I have wriiten one script to get some results from log files. Daily I have to run the script using the below command to get the output. What I need is, Can I schedule the Script to execute once every day at a particular Time and get the output by mail automatically? I heard about 'cron job' . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
3 Replies

10. AIX

Script is not executing as expected when I schedule it in cron

Hi, I have a shell script which fetches the MRP status and the LAG status. When I execute it manually like, sh <script_name>, it fetches the output as expected, but when I schedule through crontab, it's not working as expected. Any help would be really appreciated. Here is the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
3 Replies
ns_sched(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				      ns_sched(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_after, ns_cancel, ns_pause, ns_resume, ns_schedule_daily, ns_schedule_proc, ns_schedule_weekly, ns_unschedule_proc - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_after seconds {script | procname ?args?} ns_cancel id ns_pause id ns_resume id ns_schedule_daily ?-thread? ?-once? hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_proc ?-thread? ?-once? interval {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_weekly ?-thread? ?-once? day hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_unschedule_proc id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_after run the specified script or procedure after the specified number of seconds ns_after returns an id which can be used with the ns_pause, ns_cancel and ns_resume apis. ns_cancel stops the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if unscheduled 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be unscheduled ns_pause pauses the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if paused, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be paused ns_resume resumes the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if resumed, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be resumed ns_schedule_daily ns_schedule_daily runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a day at the time specified by hour and minute. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_daily returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_proc ns_schedule_proc runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) at an interval specified by interval. The interval is the number of seconds between runs of the script. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_proc returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_weekly ns_schedule_weekly runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a week on the day specified by day and the time speci- fied by hour and minute. The day can be from 0 to 6, where 0 represents Sunday. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_weekly returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_unschedule_proc id ns_unschedule_proc stops a scheduled procedure from executing anymore. The scheduled procedure to be stopped is identified by its id, which was returned by the ns_schedule* function that was used to schedule the procedure. EXAMPLES
ns_after ns_cancel ns_pause ns_resume This example illustrates a web interface used to manage jobs. Depending on the action provided a job can be created, cancelled, paused or resumed. set action [ns_queryget action] set job [ns_queryget job] switch $action { create { set job [ns_after 10 [ns_queryget script]] ns_puts "Job created with id: $job" } cancel { if {[ns_cancel $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job cancelled" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not cancelled" } } pause { if {[ns_pause $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job paused" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not paused } } resume { if {[ns_resume $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job resumed" } else { ns_puts "Job $job couldn't be resumed" } } default { ns_puts "Invalid action $action" } } ns_schedule_daily This example defines a script called rolllog that uses ns_accesslog to roll the access log to a file with an extension containing the current date. The ns_schedule_daily function is used to execute the rolllog script on a daily basis. # Script to roll and rcp log file to host "grinder" proc rolllog {} { set suffix [ns_strftime "%y-%m-%d"] set new [ns_accesslog file].$suffix ns_accesslog roll $new exec rcp $new grinder:/logs/[file tail $new] } # Schedule "rolllog" to run at 3:30 am each morning ns_schedule_daily -thread 3 30 rolllog ns_schedule_proc proc dosomething blah { ns_log Notice "proc with arg '$blah'" } ns_schedule_proc 10 dosomething $arg1 SEE ALSO
KEYWORDS
schedule pause resume unschedule cancel after AOLserver 4.0 ns_sched(3aolserver)