Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron for end of month
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron for end of month Post 302643851 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 20th of May 2012 09:30:20 PM
Old 05-20-2012
Probably best to run job every night:
Code:
59 23 * * * /home/user/eomt.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

and check for end-of-month in eomt.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
if [ `date +%d` -eq `awk '$NF{E=$NF} END{printf E}'` ]
then
         rm /home/user/tst/logs/* && rm /home/user/tst/stats/*
fi
exit 0

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to schedule 1st Wednesday of every Month??

Is there a way to use cron to run a job on the 1st Wednesday of every month?? The more generic question is, "Are all of the fields in crontab AND'd together or are some OR'd?". i.e. I had an entry in my crontab this morning as follows and I didn't expect it to run since the day of month is 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradtri
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Cron Month End Processing

Is it possible to use cron to schedule a job that will run the first 3 Sunday's during a month in addition to the last day of the month? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpete
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up cron job for month end week report

Hi all, Needs your help in scheduling a cron job for the below mentioned requirement. Just let me know if anybody has a similar job running as mentioned below: Month end reports - Report of all items created in a parent table that were created during the week. Presently this report runs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job -- to execute at every first Sunday of every month

Dear all How can I schedule the cronjob to be run sometime at every first Sunday at every month? I have the edit the cronjob every month now, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

last month end date

Hi, How to get the lastmonth's end date? (have current date) through s shell script. I need to get it and pass it to a procedure. Please advice. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanathi
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of Month - Cron Jobs

I am running AIX 5.3 with the default shell as ksh. I would like to know how to run a cron job on this system the last calendar day of the month. I found an example, but, I'm not sure if it will work with AIX and ksh... 02 16 * * * && /home/user/job-eom.kshI also need to be able to run a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jthompson333
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching Month end using cal

Hi , Can someone please assist to get monthend using cal utility and monthend shouldn't be saturday or sunday. Cheers, gehlnar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying time left to end of day, week, month?

Hello, basically I'm looking after a way of showing how many time is left to the end the day, week, month... I can't seem to figure this out, so could one of you skilled guys tell me how should this be approached? Examples: Time left: Day: 12h 12m 11s Week: 4d 12h 12m 11s Month:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job to run on second to last friday each month

I needed a cron job to run on the second to last friday of every month. Our servers are running HP-UX, and the HP-UX date command is pretty basic and does not have all of the fancy options that Linux date command does, and it does not have the ability at all to return future dates. So I had to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the next month end date

how to get the next month end date. dt=01312014 output=02282014 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
2 Replies
SSS_USERADD(8)							 SSSD Manual pages						    SSS_USERADD(8)

NAME
sss_useradd - create a new user SYNOPSIS
sss_useradd [options] LOGIN DESCRIPTION
sss_useradd creates a new user account using the values specified on the command line plus the default values from the system. OPTIONS
-u,--uid UID Set the UID of the user to the value of UID. If not given, it is chosen automatically. -c,--gecos COMMENT Any text string describing the user. Often used as the field for the user's full name. -h,--home HOME_DIR The home directory of the user account. The default is to append the LOGIN name to /home and use that as the home directory. The base that is prepended before LOGIN is tunable with "user_defaults/baseDirectory" setting in sssd.conf. -s,--shell SHELL The user's login shell. The default is currently /bin/bash. The default can be changed with "user_defaults/defaultShell" setting in sssd.conf. -G,--groups GROUPS A list of existing groups this user is also a member of. -m,--create-home Create the user's home directory if it does not exist. The files and directories contained in the skeleton directory (which can be defined with the -k option or in the config file) will be copied to the home directory. -M,--no-create-home Do not create the user's home directory. Overrides configuration settings. -k,--skel SKELDIR The skeleton directory, which contains files and directories to be copied in the user's home directory, when the home directory is created by sss_useradd. This option is only valid if the -m (or --create-home) option is specified, or creation of home directories is set to TRUE in the configuration. -Z,--selinux-user SELINUX_USER The SELinux user for the user's login. If not specified, the system default will be used. -h,--help Display help message and exit. THE LOCAL DOMAIN
In order to function correctly, a domain with "id_provider=local" must be created and the SSSD must be running. The administrator might want to use the SSSD local users instead of traditional UNIX users in cases where the group nesting (see sss_groupadd(8)) is needed. The local users are also useful for testing and development of the SSSD without having to deploy a full remote server. The sss_user* and sss_group* tools use a local LDB storage to store users and groups. SEE ALSO
sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
03/04/2013 SSS_USERADD(8)