Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with extract info if fulfill condition required Post 302643603 by perl_beginner on Sunday 20th of May 2012 02:45:32 AM
Old 05-20-2012
Thanks neutronscott.
Many thanks for your awk script.
Give me some time to digest it Smilie

---------- Post updated at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:43 AM ----------

Dear Scrutinizer,

Your awk script work perfectly for my case!
Really appreciate for your explanation in detail.
I will take note in future regarding "//" and FS and RS.
Currently I'm trying to understand your awk command.
Will ask you if I'm stuck on it later Smilie
Thanks a lot!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using cut to extract info

a simple question, how can i use cut (after using grep) to extract the last four digits on a line. so say i had a string http://blabla:9020, how would I extract the port?? -Fez (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hafhaq
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of loop condition required???

Hi i have a variable with lots of tokens seperated with spaces. e.g VAR="ABC DEF GHSD GHQS TUTSD JHDTQ QDHQ CDQKDGQ WQUTQD DQUTQD DQJGDQ QDTQD WDQUTQDU QDUGQD QDJGQD DQUTDUQ QDUIDTQ" i want to separate all of the above tokens and call a script with each of the token e.g sh script.sh <TOKEN>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

3. AIX

Extract info

Anyone have a better idea to automate extraction of info like ... "uname" "ifconfig" "ps efl" "netstat -ao" etc. from several hundred aix, solaris, red hat boxes? without logging into each box and manually performing these tasks and dumping them to individual files? thanks for any input (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chm0dvii
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Required info on Pstack on solaris10

Hi All , I am wanted to know the #of thread ( Kernal & User ) created by the Process i was looking into the prstat PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 994 httpd 126M 99M sleep 58 0 1:11.25 2.4% ns-httpd/33 997 httpd 114M 86M sleep 58 0 0:40.02 2.7% ns-httpd/22 995... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendra44
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve required specific info from the file

Hi I have a file which consists of a number in the square brackets, followed by the blank line, then several lines which describe this number. This pattern is repeated several thousands time. The number in the brackets and the decription of it is unique. For example: ASRVSERV=1241GD;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from csv

I have some input file, which contains some lines which are comma separated. Eg. a,b,id=999],d d,f,g,id=345],x x,y,x,s,id=677],y I run a loop to read the lines one by one. What i want is to extract the value on the right of id=. I cannot do it by Awk, since the column number is not fixed.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianjassi
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Info required zones in solaris

Can anyone explain me what is the use of zones in solaris. Also how to find whether it is a local or global zone. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. Solaris

prstat info required

Hi, I issued the following command on my solaris 10 and got the following info. prstat -Z PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 1344 oracle 4872M 2392M sleep 59 0 145:49:50 0.1% oracle/1 17523 oracle 3976K 3672K cpu18 59 0 0:00:04 0.1% prstat/1 1550 oracle 3276M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition help required

I have a if condition it checks its pid exist it means it is running, otherwise not running. I am checking with ps x=`ps -fu myuserid|grep java| |grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` if then ............ Above code is giving integer error, because currently process of java is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract info from pings.?

Hi guys, new to this forum. I am currently trying to extract the times from pinging a domain and list the top 3 and then also do the opposite i.e. list the bottom 3. so if I had this as a ping result (the bold part is what I want): 64 bytes from 193.120.166.90: icmp_seq=10 ttl=128 time=34.8... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoding
5 Replies
DROP FOREIGN DATA 
WRAPPER(7) SQL Commands DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7) NAME
DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER - remove a foreign-data wrapper SYNOPSIS
DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [ IF EXISTS ] name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER removes an existing foreign-data wrapper. To execute this command, the current user must be the owner of the for- eign-data wrapper. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the foreign-data wrapper does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name of an existing foreign-data wrapper. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the foreign-data wrapper (such as servers). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the foreign-data wrappers if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
Drop the foreign-data wrapper dbi: DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dbi; COMPATIBILITY
DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). The IF EXISTS clause is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [create_foreign_data_wrapper(7)], ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [alter_foreign_data_wrapper(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7)