Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris SYSLOG Help
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris SYSLOG Help Post 302643565 by fjm1502 on Saturday 19th of May 2012 11:25:27 PM
Old 05-20-2012
Thanks again. I ran the command but here is what I get.
$ ipfstat -io
ksh: ipfstat: not found
!
I suspect this has something to do with facility no. All my other firewalls dont mention facility no (I found by def they are 20 which is what UNIX is set to)..these FW are set to Facility 23. Would you know how I can find what facility is our UNIX running...also, is there a way, I can add new facility for this new FW so that I can run both facility 20 and 23? I check /etc/syslog.conf and dont see any mention of facility. Thank you!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Syslog-ng does not start Solaris 9

I have been installing syslog-ng on our Solaris 9 servers. All ov them are working except two which return the following error: # /etc/init.d/syslog start syslog-ng service starting. Error binding socket; addr='AF_INET(0.0.0.0:514)', error='Address already in use (125)' ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: takendal
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 question on syslog.conf file

Hi, I have a question on /etc/syslog.conf file in Solaris 10. Below is a line taken from /etc/syslog.conf file and I know that the last field (operator) is where the logs gets outputted but how do I find out what the output file name format is going to be and which directory it gets outputted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevefox
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Syslog Server

Hi all, I want to implement a Syslog Server but i'm new in this area. I donīt know how to configure it in Solaris. I should like send all the logs to a application(manipule the information, por example: do the alerts, configure it, etc...) How can I do that? or Which manual can help me? Exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yflores
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Syslog - solaris 9

HI admins, I am facing an issue with syslog on solaris9. It stopped the logging of messages..I tried all ways to start the syslog--/etc/init.d/syslog start, /usr/sbin/syslogd......etc.... But ps -eaf | grep sys not showing the syslog processes.......... When i start syslog using... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

edit /etc/syslog.conf (Solaris 10)

Hi, Im editing the file /etc/syslog.conf for Solaris 10 server in production. I need to add "auth and authpriv.": someone set the same? Have been successful? I would appreciate any suggestions. Greetings. The unmodified arhive is: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: musul
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris syslog server and client

Hi folks, I am attempting to setup a Solaris 10 syslog server to receive logs from linux machines. Here's what I did: On the server (SunOS sun226 5.10), IP address: 192.168.212.226: 1. start syslogdby issuing $/usr/sbin/syslogd -T On a client (SunOS sun221 5.8): 1. Configured... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris syslog messages cluttering screen

Well, this kind of silly but I think I am missing something. So we have this Solaris 10 server which acts as syslog server for network devices. Problem is the syslogs clutters whenever I use the screen utility for any work. I am posting the conetent of /etc/syslog.conf # more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syslog in Solaris 11.1

Hi, I have a solaris 11.1 server with many network interfaces (real and virtual), and one is connected to another server. i need that syslog send the info through one specific interface, i know that in the syslog.conf file can write: *.* @xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (remote server IP) but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iocx
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syslog in Solaris 11.1

Hi, I have a solaris 11.1 server with many network interfaces (real and virtual), and one is connected to another server. i need that syslog send the info through one specific interface, i know that in the syslog.conf file can write: *.* @xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (remote server IP) but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iocx
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How can i send Solaris syslog loging server?

HI how can i send solaris syslog to centralized logging server? i have tried adding like below and got error: *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit @172.16.200.50:5000 and the error i got in /var/adm/messages is: Jun 10 13:02:24 aresdb-new.alshaya.com syslogd: line 14:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
10 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger(3pm)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger - SpamAssassin logging module SYNOPSIS
use Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger; $SIG{__WARN__} = sub { log_message("warn", $_[0]); }; $SIG{__DIE__} = sub { log_message("error", $_[0]) if $_[0] !~ /in eval/; }; METHODS
add_facilities(facilities) Enable debug logging for specific facilities. Each facility is the area of code to debug. Facilities can be specified as a hash reference (the key names are used), an array reference, an array, or a comma-separated scalar string. Facility names are case- sensitive. If "all" is listed, then all debug facilities are implicitly enabled, except for those explicitly disabled. A facility name may be preceded by a "no" (case-insensitive), which explicitly disables it, overriding the "all". For example: all,norules,noconfig,nodcc. When facility names are given as an ordered list (array or scalar, not a hash), the last entry applies, e.g. 'nodcc,dcc,dcc,noddc' is equivalent to 'nodcc'. Note that currently no facility name starts with a "no", it is advised to keep this practice with newly added facility names to make life easier. Higher priority informational messages that are suitable for logging in normal circumstances are available with an area of "info". Some very verbose messages require the facility to be specifically enabled (see "would_log" below). log_message($level, @message) Log a message at a specific level. Levels are specified as strings: "warn", "error", "info", and "dbg". The first element of the message must be prefixed with a facility name followed directly by a colon. dbg("facility: message") This is used for all low priority debugging messages. info("facility: message") This is used for informational messages indicating a normal, but significant, condition. This should be infrequently called. These messages are typically logged when SpamAssassin is run as a daemon. add(method => 'syslog', socket => $socket, facility => $facility) "socket" is the type the syslog ("unix" or "inet"). "facility" is the syslog facility (typically "mail"). add(method => 'file', filename => $file) "filename" is the name of the log file. add(method => 'stderr') No options are needed for stderr logging, just don't close stderr first. remove(method) Remove a logging method. Only the method name needs to be passed as a scalar. would_log($level, $facility) Returns 0 if a message at the given level and with the given facility would be logged. Returns 1 if a message at a given level and facility would be logged normally. Returns 2 if the facility was specifically enabled. The facility argument is optional. close_log() Close all logs. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger(3pm)