Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Application with communication between process Post 302643399 by chercheur857 on Saturday 19th of May 2012 10:59:30 AM
Old 05-19-2012
Application with communication between process

Hello

I would like to create an application with communication between processes,
application tightly coupled, have you please an idea about an API or
a tool that allows me to generate such application?

Thank you so much

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Inter Process Communication

unix IPC i would like to know the method of usage of semaphores on shared memory segments the topic seems very difficult to understand mainly when difrent proceses communicate instantly and how do i avaoid deadlock situation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathanil
2 Replies

2. Programming

signal in process communication

signal in process communication: I 'm a example in sun_unix that signal in process communication It's here down but I only have freebsd in my machine. how can i do the same in freebsd eg: #include <stdio.h> #include <signal.h> #include <unistd.h> int main( void ){ void... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a9711
2 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with signals - 3 process communication

Hello, I would like to ask you for a little help with program I'm working on. I have problems with signals and synchronizing processes (I'm quite new to this part of programming). Process "parent" creates new child process "child1" and this process creates new child process "child2". The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nightwright
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inter-process communication:pipes,doors,etc.

Hi, I am thinking about writing a log daemon for a multi-processed ksh application (yes - I know that high-level language would be a better option). My question is as follows: If many processes (many scripts) will try writing to a single log file: print "message" > common.log Will it work or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adderek
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

socket communication and timer application

i need to develop application which continuously wait for a request from multiple host and on receiving a request on that need to create a log file and after 30 mins delete that file I am new to socket programming so could anyone help me on this. How to continuously listen for a request How... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tryit
0 Replies

6. Linux

Socket communication and timer application

tcp communication application i have an application which run in 1) while() {in } and listens for some request When a request comes to create a file(containing some data fetch from somewhere) but i also want to start some timer that after 10/20 min delete that file But i don't know how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tryit
0 Replies

7. Programming

C program using IPC (inter process communication)

i want to write a C chat program that communicates over IPC(inter process communication), that could be run using 2 seperate terminal windows within the same computer. so that wat u type in one terminal window , should appear on the other and vice versa... could some one please help me with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: localp
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron for windows, process is OK, but application is not opening

Dear All, I need a help. i have an mapped drive application. I want to start this application using cron. I have downloaded cron setup from the below link: www.kalab.com/freeware/cron/cron.htm And it crontab file works fine. But if i want to start an application. Then process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Needs help in launching a console application with the help of daemon process

Hi All, I am facing problem in launching a application with the help of a daemon process. Actually the application is based on command line that reads various commands for controlling the application from the console and accordingly executes those commands. The application always interact with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopallinux
3 Replies
dlpi(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   dlpi(7)

NAME
dlpi - data link provider interface DESCRIPTION
This manual page gives a brief description on DLPI (the data link provider interface) and how to interface with the set of API's that are provided by DLPI. HP-UX DLPI serves as a Layer 2 (Data Link Layer) of an OSI architecture. DLPI serves as an interface between LAN device drivers and DLPI users. DLPI is intended for use by experienced network users only. HP-UX DLPI has two broader sets of interface. The first set of interfaces are provided as per the DLPI 2.0 standard and the second set that are HP extensions to the standard. HP-UX DLPI also provides interfaces to device drivers to interface with STREAMS modules and DLPI applications. For STREAMS Modules and DLPI Applications Hewlett-Packard's implementation of DLPI is a Style 2 service provider. The Style 2 provider requires a DLS user to identify a PPA explic- itly, using a special attach service primitive. Refer to the lan(7) manual page for more information on PPA. HP DLPI offers the following services to STREAMS modules and DLPI applications: o Clone (maximum of 3992) and non-clone (maximum of 100) access. o Support for Ethernet/IEEE802.3, FDDI and Token Ring interfaces. o Support for connectionless and connection-mode services (connection-mode services are supported only over IEEE802.3 and Token Ring). o Supports raw-mode services. o ioctl is supported for doing device-specific control and diagnostic requests. o Support for third-party device drivers. o Support for all levels of promiscuous mode. HP DLPI does not offer the following for STREAMS modules and DLPI applications: o Quality of Service (QOS) management. o Connection Management STREAMS: and over connection-oriented STREAMS. o Acknowledged connectionless-mode services. The DLPI requests based on DLPI 2.0 standard are defined in see dlpi(4). HP extensions for DLPI are defined in see dlpi_ext(4). Device File Format To access LAN drivers via DLPI interface, DLS users must use the following device files: Name Type Major # Minor # Access Type ---- ---- ------- ------- ----------- /dev/dlpi c 72 0x77 Clone access /dev/dlpiX c 119 0xX Non-Clone access For Device Drivers HP-UX DLPI is of non-native design. The drivers and DLPI are not coupled together and exists as individual components on the system. The non-native DLPI supports two kinds of drivers. Tightly coupled and loosely coupled drivers. DLPI provides interfaces to tightly coupled and loosely coupled drivers. DLPI serves as a sole interface to DLS users for tightly coupled drivers. Whereas, a loosely coupled driver depends on DLPI only to provide information to user-space commands lanscan(1M) and nwmgr(1M) for display purposes. The interfaces for device drivers is defined in see dlpi_drv(4). DLPI provides the following functionality for tightly coupled drivers: o Infrastructure that allows drivers to communicate with upper layer STREAMS modules or applications. o Infrastructure for protocol, multicast and promiscuous processing. o Infrastructure for asynchronous processing of control. o Inbound frame processing. o Processing link up and down events. o Repository for all registered interfaces and associated information. o Outbound processing before hand off to physical drivers. DLPI provides its services through three header files that are exported. The header files and are for user space applications and kernel level STREAMS modules. The header file is for physical and logical drivers. WARNINGS
Various implementations of DLPI exists within HP-UX for special technologies like ATM, Hyper Fabric, etc.; but the DLPI that supports LAN class drivers (tightly coupled) is the one covered by this manual page. The and commands are deprecated. These commands will be removed in a future HP-UX release. HP recommends the use of replacement command nwmgr(1M) to perform all network interface-related tasks. AUTHOR
was developed by HP, based on DLPI 2.0 standard. SEE ALSO
lanscan(1M), nwmgr(1M), dlpi(4), dlpi_drv(4), dlpi_ext(4), lan(7). dlpi(7)