Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: prtdiag -v troubleshooting
Operating Systems Solaris prtdiag -v troubleshooting Post 302643227 by snoman1 on Friday 18th of May 2012 05:50:52 PM
Old 05-18-2012
prtdiag -v troubleshooting

selected lines from the output of the "prtdiag -v" command on a T5240 SUN server running Solaris 10.

Are the following known as FRU names and what do they mean?
MB/CMP0/BR0/CH0/D0
MB/CMP0/BR0/CH1/D0
SYS/FANBD0/FM0/F0
SYS/FANBD0/FM0/F1
SYS/MB/CMP0/BR1/CH0/D1
SYS/MB/CMP0/BR1/CH1/D0

This is the one I am trying to find out what it is.
SYS/MB/CMP1/BR1/CH1/D0 SERVICE steady
How can I interpret this line to a specific hardware component?

SYS =
MB =
CMP1 =
BR1 =
CH1 =
D0 =

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

equivalent prtdiag and prtconf command

I have a very old sunOS 4.xx server on a SPARCstation 5. What is the command , if any, that is similar to prtdiag and prtconf? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on prtdiag output ...

Hello all , This is the output of my prtdiag command ...The speed of each of the CPUs is listed below (1281 MHz ) ..That's fine ..I'm confused about the (System clock frequency: 183 MHZ ) ..What is the difference between System Clock freq and CPU freq ...THanks.. System Configuration: Sun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Prtdiag is Not working in Solaris 8 Ver

Hello Guys, :confused: I have tried Up to my Levels pls help me if u know any solution Pls look out the following O/P, Log Messages ================================================= SUN> pwd /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240/sbin SUN> SUN> SUN> prtdiag -v bash: prtdiag: command not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sure.solaris
7 Replies

4. Solaris

prtdiag and memory banks

hi, we have an e6900 and my sys admin says that the number of processors and memory were reduced to 4 and 8GB. However, a prtdiag |grep Memory returns 16GB of memory. So what is my system's memory? psrinfo returns 4 online and 4 offline CPUs. Thanks. Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar27
1 Replies

5. Solaris

prtdiag - Segmentation Fault

Hi, Recently installed a Firmware patch on T5120 (solaris 10,138888-03). The patch installation was Success and system came up fine as well. My apps are running fine too. Problem is prtdiag does not work as it used to earlier. the output is very different from other t5120s I have and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upengan78
1 Replies

6. Solaris

SF T2000 prtdiag problem

Hi, a couple of T2000 servers did not show the component status and the output was too short. There was a patch that needed to be installed. I also updated to the latest recommended patch cluster and OBP patch. After reboot/restart of picl, it worked ok for a couple of weeks. Then suddenly it went... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

prtdiag -v show no output

Dear All....Help required prtdiag -v command shows no output on my V440 server. Following is the details: root@sdp16b>prtdiag -v root@sdp16b> root@sdp16b>uname -a SunOS sdp16b 5.9 Generic_122300-31 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 root@sdp16b>echo $path /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpreting prtdiag output - 2 or 4 CPUs?

I am having trouble figuring this one out.....Is this a 2CPU or a 4CPU v490 with 16GB? I think it is a 2CPU system, looking for confirmation. $ prtdiag System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire V490 System clock frequency: 150 MHz Memory size: 16384 Megabytes ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: config_boy
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Understanding memory config with prtdiag -v

Hi. I have 2 SunFire V490 servers running Solaris 10. We may have to upgrade with more memory on one of them to make it compatible with the other. Here's the one with 12GB of RAM: Memory size: 12288 Megabytes ========================= CPUs =============================================== ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: th1amigo
1 Replies

10. Solaris

prtdiag

Hi everyone, Please can you tell me what kind of memro we are talking about when we run : prtdiag -v Memory size: 98016 Megabytes Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
7 Replies
IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)					       IB DATA MODEL PACKAGE						 IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)

NAME
IBDM Topology File The topology file describes the IB connectivity and systems included in the network. It serves two purposes: 1. Support for arbitrary system names to be later used in every report that IBDM generates. 2. Connectivity verification: The specified network topology is verified against the discovered one. Mismatch errors resulting from missing cables and/or wrong connections are reported by IBADM. The topology file is composed "system" sections. Each such section describes the connectivity of one system to other systems in the net- work. The first line of each section is a declaration of the system composed of a system-type, its system-name section, and optional con- figuration details. The lines to follow until the next empty line describe the connections between this system ports to the other systems. The following is a formal definition of a system section syntax. An example is listed afterwards. SYSTEM-TYPE SYSTEM-NAME [CFG: <b1>=<modifier>, [<b2>=<modifier>]...] LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME . . . SYSTEM-TYPE SYSTEM-NAME [CFG: <b1>=<modifier>, [<b2>=<modifier>]...] LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME . . . . . . Where: SYSTEM-TYPE and REM-SYS-TYPE Any system that has a corresponding IBNL definition. See man ibdm-ibnl-file SYSTEM-NAME The name of the system described in this topology file section. LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME The name of the local system port. The numbers printed on the front panel are used together with Ln for Leaf no. N or Sn for Spine no. N. REM-SYS-NAME The name of the system connected to the local port. REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME A name of the remote system port. We use the numbers as printed on the front panel and Ln for Leaf number N or Sn for Spine number N. EXAMPLE
The following is a topology file for a simple cluster with one 24 port switch and two HCAs. The firts HCA named H-1 and connect to the fab- ric with its two ports. The second HCA named H-2. The switch is of type MTS2400 and is named S-1 MTS2400 S-1 P1 -> MT23108 H-1 P1 P2 -> MT23108 H-1 P2 P24 -> MT23108 H-2 P1 OPTIONAL CFG SECTION
This section in the system declaration line describes the special customization of each board of the system. That is the CFG string is a set of comma-separated sub-fields. Each sub-field describes some special configuration of a corresponding sys- tem board. The actual semantics of the specific board modifiers is defined by the IBNL of the specific system. EXAMPLE
The following is an example of a definition-line in a topology file of the MTS9600 switch system. This switch system can have up to eight leafs and four spines. This example of the MTS9600 lacks (R) leafs no.6,7 and 8, and lacks spines no. 3 and 4. MTS9600 PartialGz1 CFG: leaf3=R,leaf5=R,leaf7=R,spine1=R AUTHOR
Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox Technologies LTD, eitan@mellanox.co.il IBDM 1.0 2008-06-16 IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)