Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming awk find string and do i blue color Post 302643003 by arrals_vl on Friday 18th of May 2012 09:42:19 AM
Old 05-18-2012
thank u for replying,

but i want that the html tags to be set automatically by one script.
would you please give my any ideas?

Thank u very much!!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK...find a string ,if so print it

Hi, I need to find a string, if it finds then I need to print it , otherwise it has to goto next line.... input is====> uid = shashi, india uid ,uid= asia uid= none, uid=india. none ========== output shold be uid = shashi, india uid , uid= asia uid= none, uid=india. none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find first instance of string after NR==10

How do I use awk to find the NR of first instance of a specific string after eg NR==10? I need to find the first instance of the word "class" after a specific NR. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - find string, search lines below string for other strings

What's the easiest way to search a file for a specific string and then look for other instances after that? I want to search for all Virtual Hosts and print out the Server Name and Document Root (if it has that info), while discarding the rest of the info. Basically my file looks like this: ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mbohmer
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find number in string

I am trying to go through a file that has a few million lines. I want to only pull lines that contain a number anywhere in the ninth field, but it has to be after a "/" character. Here is my awk: awk -F\| '$9 ~ /\/*{1,}*/ {print $0}' file1 > file2 However, it is just printing out every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find and print next string

Can I do this in one awk session. Solution I have is poor. I want to return the number after PID. echo "Start: 12345 is used by PID:11111 username" | awk -F: '{print $3}' | awk '{print $1}' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find which column contains string

i want to search columns in a variable and any column contains a particular string, i want to print the value of that column $ echo "${USEDMEMORY}" memTotalReal=3925908 memAvailReal=1109812 memBuffer=242676 memCached=641628 $ $ echo "${USEDMEMORY}" | awk '/memAvailReal/' so what im trying... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)