Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Power6 vs. Power7 hardware performance Post 302642891 by gito on Friday 18th of May 2012 06:45:22 AM
Old 05-18-2012
I do not know how many servers you have in your environment but I was recently migrating over 100lpars form Power6 520, 570, 595 to Power7 770 frames. I know what I am talking about.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Oracle 10G best practices on Power6 AIX5.3

Can anyone point me to any best practices for partitioning, resource prerequisites, and implementation of Oracle 10G release 2 with RAC on 2 power6 550's running AIX5.3 as a cluster? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
1 Replies

2. AIX

POWER6 VIO Failover

Hello, Can someone point to me document or the method to make failover for VIO Servers ? I have one VIO_Server1 which has 4 AIX LPARS - From the VIO_SERVER1 I have assigned virtual SCSI DISK to the four LPARS - For Ethernet I have used LHEA So, if my VIO Server1 crashes all the LPARS... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processor performance question [hardware]

A few of our machines need upgrading and we are looking into a selection of processors at present. There are suggestions on the vendor's websites that the L3 cache was specifically introduced for gamers. Is this true? Does having L1, L2 and/or L3 cache help at all in performance or are the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

4. Programming

Top v3.7 and v3.8beta1 will not compile on Power7/AIX6.1 server.

Please help! We are upgrading our server to a new Power7/AIX6.1 from Power5/AIX5.3. I have some programs that rely on output of the TOP command to do various things, however, I keep getting an error when I try to re-compile TOP on my new server (see below). I have tried TOP 3.7 (current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: troym72
1 Replies

5. AIX

IBM POWER7 595

Does anybody know when POWER7 595 is going to be announced??? I was looking for in IBM's web page but could not find (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

6. AIX

Migration DB2 V8 databases to Power7 server

hi Guys, I just wondering if someone has gone through this process before. We are about to migrate all our current LPARS from a Power6 server to a new Power7 server. The only concern we have is that we are runing a few DB2 V8 databases on AIX 5.3 and basically DB2 v8 is been out of support for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

7. AIX

Server Power7 p750 support CentOS or not ?

Hi All, I would like to install CentOS 5.5 linux on Power7 server (P750). it support or not?? I found information from IBM websites as detail below, but not sure for CentOS. IBM Power 750 support linux >>Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to get power6 power FRU?

how to get power6 power FRU? the power5 can get by this command: lscfg -vp | grep -p 'AC PS' | grep FRU however, the power6 machine cannot get any info for that command. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

9. AIX

Hard drive compatibility for POWER6 p520

Hi, I have recently inherited an old p520 from work running AIX 6.1, based on the POWER6 CPU. I'm planning to play around with it and use it to learn the system, so this is a purely personal project. The machine is not under a support contract any more. I am looking to replace one of the disks... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: topcat
11 Replies
psradm(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 psradm(8)

NAME
psradm, offline, online - Stops and starts processors in a multiprocessor system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/psradm -f [-v] [[-a] [processor_id...]] /usr/sbin/psradm -n [-v] [[-a] [processor_id...]] /usr/sbin/online [-v] [processor_id...] /usr/sbin/offline [-v] [processor_id...] OPTIONS
The following options apply only to the psradm command: Specifies that all the processors except the master processor be put off line or on line. Puts the specified processor off line. Puts the specified processor on line. The following option applies to all forms of the command: Displays a message about the status of the operation performed on each processor. DESCRIPTION
On a multiprocessor system, the psradm command puts one or more processors off line (stops a processor) or on line (starts a processor). The processor_id variable specifies an integer that uniquely identifies a processor. Use the psrinfo command to display processor identi- fication numbers. The offline command puts one or more processors off line (stops a processor). If no processors are specified, all processors that are on line are stopped except the master processor. The online command puts one or more processors on line (starts a processor). If no processors are specified, all processors that are off line are started. Note that you cannot use these commands to start or stop the master processor in a multiprocessor system. You must be the root user to use this command. The /var/adm/wtmp file contains information about successful processor state transitions. RESTRICTION
Do not use the psradm command to disable CPUs when benchmarking performance, because the command does not provide an accurate reflection of the performance of a system that actually has fewer CPUs. Accurate performance results are obtained only when you disable the CPUs at the SRM console command level. EXAMPLES
The following command puts processors 2 and 3 off line: # psradm -f 2 3 The following command puts all the processors on line: # psradm -n -a The following command puts all processors on line: # online -v FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_info(1), psrinfo(1) Files: processor_sets(4) psradm(8)