Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call different programs based on requirement? Post 302642805 by darling on Friday 18th of May 2012 05:03:16 AM
Old 05-18-2012
sorry i am little confused to where to use. shell i place it where i have given my code?

is below one correct? what is the condition should i use to change for every version like

if [ "$os" = Linux ] && [ "$sw" GE 6 ]; then

Code:
OLDIFS="$IFS"
IFS=":"

for DIR in $PATH
do
        for X in dspmqver mqver
        do
                [ -e "$DIR/$X" ] && CMD="$X"
        done
        [ ! -z "$CMD" ] && break
done

if [ -z "$CMD" ]
then
        echo "dspmqver and mqver not found"
        exit 1
fi

MQVER=`$CMD | grep Version| awk '{print $2}'| sed 's/\.//g'`

what it the condiong should i use here instead of
 if [ "$os" = Linux ] && [ "$sw" GE 6 ]; then

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

call functions from diferents programs

hi i have ten program in C, and there are functions what are in all the programs. so, i want to make a directory to store all the functions what are in all the programs, and call them from the C programs. (sending variables and values) is that possible?¿? how ca i do that?¿? any idea,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking the file based on Date..Requirement

Dear frnds My requirement is as follows -rw-r----- 1 f02 dd 109428250 May 18 14:02 Extracts_20070518104730.zip -rw-r----- 1 f02 dd 109493187 May 21 13:30 Extracts_20070521091700.zip -rw-r----- 1 f02 dd 109993058 May 23 14:14 Extracts_20070523085955.zip -rw-r----- 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl call C programs

Hi, I am a beginner in Perl programming. Now i need to call a C program from a perl program ...Can any one please help me and give any details how i can do this. Thanks and Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjithin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to call two programs simultaneously

Hi, i want to call two programs simultaneously from a currently running program so as to distribute the job and fasten the speed. As of now I call the programs one after the other within the main program. e.g. `perl A.pl`; `perl B.pl`; how can I run the two paralelly? urgent ... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinccmb
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to call another script based on second column entry

Hi I have a text file (Input.txt) with two column entries separated by tab as given below: aaa str1 bbb str2 cccccc str3 dddd str4 eee str3 ssss str2 sdf str3 hhh str1 fff str2 ccc str3 ..... ..... ..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call script parameter based on dates

Hi Guys, I am having a script which needs to be iterated based on date passed and itrate based on no of months given. #!/bin/bash var_d=$1 months=$2 sh invoke_script var_d i need to iterate the inside script something like below sh invoke_script 170101 sh invoke_script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
4 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)