Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove empty records
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove empty records Post 302642237 by krsnadasa on Thursday 17th of May 2012 06:18:04 AM
Old 05-17-2012
Remove empty records

Thanks Scrut,

Very useful information.. Smilie

Krsnadasa...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Remove non empty dirctory

Hi, Any command or means to delete a director which is not empty rmdir or similar iam using Sun Solaries 2.6 :confused: I have many full directories with subdirectories and I can not go on emptying them all (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove empty directory

Hi, I need to delete an empty directory in a temp directory except "dir5" (keep everything that is not empty). Plese advise. Here is an example of my directory. /dir/temp/ dir1 - delete if this is empty dir2 - delete if this is empty dir3 - delete if this is empty dir4 - delete if this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirrtuan
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove only Empty Directories

I know this one was answered before in forum below - https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/58210-removing-empty-folders-using-find-command.html But that one is closed & I have a question so here it goes. I want to delete all 2006 files. Now if along with the files, if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using vi -c to remove empty lines

Hello: I searched here for "vi -c" but found no hits. How can I use vi -c to remove ALL empty lines, regardless of how many? I tried <code> vi -c ":g/^$/d | wq" filename </code> but I have to run it several times. This is NOT homework. :) Thanks for your time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove empty line and the next one

Hi all, I'm trying to remove when this condition is met: an empty and the next one I'm using this command: sed '/^$/N; s/&//' file Which searches for an empty line, N attaches it to the next line, and substituing the combination with nothing.... but it is not working. What I'm missing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meuser
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove empty field

Hi all ! I'm sure it is a basic question but I didn't find any threads that fit my need. How to remove empty fields with awk? Or in other words, how to shift all the fields after an empty field on the left? input: 1|2||3|4|5||6 wanted: 1|2|3|4|5|6 I tried: awk '{for(i=1; i<=NF;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove CR only on empty lines

Dear community, I have two output files that contains some CR # cat first.out 1234567890 598679857648566 9 1234567234 365837465873465 4 2342343243 289374982374894 4 # cat second.out 2342342342 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove empty line.?

Hi gurus, I have a script which works fine. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/239347-how-pass-string-into-sql-query.html while read p do && para="'${p}'" || para="${para},'${p}'" done < filePlease use code tags as required by forum rules! a few days... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove empty files in home directory

how to remove empty files tried below command its remove only zero bytes not empty file which is greater then zero byte. for x in * do if then rm $x fi done (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
8 Replies
GLGETPROGRAMINFOLOG(3G) 					    OpenGL 3.3						   GLGETPROGRAMINFOLOG(3G)

NAME
glGetProgramInfoLog - Returns the information log for a program object C SPECIFICATION
void glGetProgramInfoLog(GLuint program, GLsizei maxLength, GLsizei *length, GLchar *infoLog); PARAMETERS
program Specifies the program object whose information log is to be queried. maxLength Specifies the size of the character buffer for storing the returned information log. length Returns the length of the string returned in infoLog (excluding the null terminator). infoLog Specifies an array of characters that is used to return the information log. DESCRIPTION
glGetProgramInfoLog returns the information log for the specified program object. The information log for a program object is modified when the program object is linked or validated. The string that is returned will be null terminated. glGetProgramInfoLog returns in infoLog as much of the information log as it can, up to a maximum of maxLength characters. The number of characters actually returned, excluding the null termination character, is specified by length. If the length of the returned string is not required, a value of NULL can be passed in the length argument. The size of the buffer required to store the returned information log can be obtained by calling glGetProgram() with the value GL_INFO_LOG_LENGTH. The information log for a program object is either an empty string, or a string containing information about the last link operation, or a string containing information about the last validation operation. It may contain diagnostic messages, warning messages, and other information. When a program object is created, its information log will be a string of length 0. NOTES
The information log for a program object is the OpenGL implementer's primary mechanism for conveying information about linking and validating. Therefore, the information log can be helpful to application developers during the development process, even when these operations are successful. Application developers should not expect different OpenGL implementations to produce identical information logs. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if program is not a value generated by OpenGL. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if program is not a program object. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if maxLength is less than 0. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGetProgram() with argument GL_INFO_LOG_LENGTH glIsProgram() SEE ALSO
glCompileShader(), glGetShaderInfoLog(), glLinkProgram(), glValidateProgram() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2005 3Dlabs Inc. Ltd. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLGETPROGRAMINFOLOG(3G)