Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search file for value greater than 'n' on each line and email Post 302642033 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 16th of May 2012 11:44:04 PM
Old 05-17-2012
Code:
awk -vSECS=60 '$(NF-1)+0 > SECS { exit 3}' file.csv
[ $? -eq 3]  && mutt ....

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need a command to search for numbers greater than 3000

i have a file contains: 13213,A,300 3423,C,200 5563,A,201 3000,A,400 3000,A,402 3000,A,206 3000,A,303 3000,A,200 4233,N,204 i need to search for numbers in the first column are greater than 3000? i have another issue if you can help me? if i want to search in the second or the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: takyeldin
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search column and delete row if greater than value

Hi, as the title states i need to find a way to search a column for values great than 1000, and if it is, then delete that row. An example 1 7.021 6.967 116.019 4 U 6.980E+07 0.000E+00 e 0 0 0 0 2 8.292 7.908 118.063 3 U 1.440E+07 0.000E+00 e 0 821 814 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line

Hi All, Can you please guide me to search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line where it was found using awk. As an example : abc.txt 7000,john,2,1,0,1,6 7001,elen,2,2,0,1,7 7002,sami,2,3,0,1,6 7003,mike,1,4,0,2,1 8001,nike,1,5,0,1,8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL or SHELL Scrript to search in Directories by taking line by line from a text file

Unix box server version *********** >uname -r B.11.00 >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh --> in this server, I have the path like /IMbuild/dev/im0serv1 ---> in that directory I have the folders startup(.jsp files nearly 100 jsp's ) and scripts(contains .js files nearly 100 files) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasam
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files and remove a line from a file if first column is greater than 25

my files are as follows fileA sepearated by tab /t 00 lieferungen 00 attractiop 01 done 02 forness 03 rasp 04 alwaysisng 04 funny 05 done1 fileB funnymou120112 funnymou234470 mou3raspnhdhv rddfgmoudone1438748 so all those record which are greater than 3 and which are not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajniman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for numbers greater than x?

I have a file with multiple fields, example below File 1: Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|100 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|101 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|102 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in multiple file line by line

Hi All I have to search servers name say like 1000+ "unique names" line by line in child.txt files in another file that is a master file where all server present say "master.txt",if child.txt's server name matches with master files then it print yes else no with server name. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search for columns with numbers greater than 70

This helped get me started. https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/157026-need-command-search-numbers-greater-than-3000-a.html This is the command I am using. I am trying to find numbers greater than 70 in column 5. I do not know if it is getting confused because there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
FGETCSV(3)								 1								FGETCSV(3)

fgetcsv - Gets line from file pointer and parse for CSV fields

SYNOPSIS
array fgetcsv (resource $handle, [int $length], [string $delimiter = ","], [string $enclosure = '"'], [string $escape = " DESCRIPTION
Similar to fgets(3) except that fgetcsv(3) parses the line it reads for fields in CSV format and returns an array containing the fields read. PARAMETERS
o $handle - A valid file pointer to a file successfully opened by fopen(3), popen(3), or fsockopen(3). o $length - Must be greater than the longest line (in characters) to be found in the CSV file (allowing for trailing line-end characters). It became optional in PHP 5. Omitting this parameter (or setting it to 0 in PHP 5.1.0 and later) the maximum line length is not limited, which is slightly slower. o $delimiter - The optional $delimiter parameter sets the field delimiter (one character only). o $enclosure - The optional $enclosure parameter sets the field enclosure character (one character only). o $escape - The optional $escape parameter sets the escape character (one character only). RETURN VALUES
Returns an indexed array containing the fields read. Note A blank line in a CSV file will be returned as an array comprising a single null field, and will not be treated as an error. Note If PHP is not properly recognizing the line endings when reading files either on or created by a Macintosh computer, enabling the auto_detect_line_endings run-time configuration option may help resolve the problem. fgetcsv(3) returns NULL if an invalid $handle is supplied or FALSE on other errors, including end of file. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $escape parameter was added | | | | | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | The $length is now optional. Default is 0, mean- | | | ing no length limit. | | | | | 4.3.5 | | | | | | | fgetcsv(3) is now binary safe | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Read and print the entire contents of a CSV file <?php $row = 1; if (($handle = fopen("test.csv", "r")) !== FALSE) { while (($data = fgetcsv($handle, 1000, ",")) !== FALSE) { $num = count($data); echo "<p> $num fields in line $row: <br /></p> "; $row++; for ($c=0; $c < $num; $c++) { echo $data[$c] . "<br /> "; } } fclose($handle); } ?> NOTES
Note Locale setting is taken into account by this function. If $LANG is e.g. en_US.UTF-8, files in one-byte encoding are read wrong by this function. SEE ALSO
str_getcsv(3), explode(3), file(3), pack(3), fputcsv(3). PHP Documentation Group FGETCSV(3)