Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace dot with semicolon in PERL Post 302641469 by irudayaraj on Wednesday 16th of May 2012 07:03:26 AM
Old 05-16-2012
yes exactly. The string beyond timestamp will have dots embedded in couple of numbers or names like "name.is" , "name123.is"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting on dot in perl

I am trying to split input that looks like ,2005-09-12 01:45:00.000000,2005-09-12 01:48:18.000000, I want to split on the dot . What I am using is ($ev_time,$rol)=split(/\./),$inputfile; This does not recognize the dot as what I want to split on. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace path in a file with dot

Hi, I have a file with below values. /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/dsenv.orig /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/dsenv /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/.cshrc /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/.login... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: njoshi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace blank spaces with semicolon - text file

Hi all, Been trying to find a solution to this, I'm sure its a sed 1 liner, but I don't know sed well enough to work it out... I have a text file in the following format: 431 666 1332 2665 0.24395 432 670 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpcengineering
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string after n semicolon every line

I have a file that is formatted in this way. a1;b2;c33;d4;e5;e;f;f;f;s d;ds;d;a;v;b;g;gr;r;rt;fdf s1;s2;s2;s3;s4; b1;f2;g3;h4;a3c4e;xcsd;fds; sd2;fs4;fs2;sdf3; I want to replace the value just before the 4th semicolon to empty string, regardless the value, such that it looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace quote symbol(") and dot(.) with some other values!!

Hi , I have below input file 1.order number is useful. 2.vendor_id is produced. 3.the vandor name is "malawar". I want output file like 1. order number is useful. 2. vendor_id is produced. 3. the vandor name is VmalawarV. in input file line number 1.order number there is no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this: ((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004)) and I would like this: ((A9,(A11,A13)) How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - search and replace whole string which contains dot

Hello. I would like to search exactly "string1.string2.string3" and replace it by "new_string1.new_string2.new_string3" And I would like to search exactly "string2.string3" and replace it by "new_string2.new_string3" And I would not found in the result : "string1.new_string2.new_string3"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace null values with dot using awk

Using awk I am trying to replace all blank or null values with a . in the tad delimited input. I hope the awk is close. Thank you :). input name test sam 1 liz 2 al 1 awk awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="\t"}{for(i=1;++i<NF;)$i=$i?$i:"."}1'input awk 'BEGIN { FS =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can add via preg replace dot after numbers ?

So lets say i have file my_birthday.402.zip ho it can became my_birthday.4.0.2.zip Thank you :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
1 Replies
BAM(1)								   User Commands							    BAM(1)

NAME
bam - fast and flexible build system SYNOPSIS
bam [OPTION]... [VARIABLE=VALUE]... [TARGET]... DESCRIPTION
Builds applications using the bam build system. Execution: -a abort on error -c clean targets -d build targets that is dependent given targets --dry dry run, don't run any jobs -j sets the number of threads to use (default: 0, disabled) -s bam file to use (default: bam.lua) Lua: -l print local variables in backtrace -t print backtrace when an error occurs Output: -r build progress report format (default: s) b = progress bar c = use ansi colors s = build steps -v be verbose Other: -n don't use cache -h, --help prints this help Debug: --debug-nodes prints all the nodes with dependencies --debug-detail prints all the nodes with dependencies and details --debug-jobs prints all the jobs that exist --debug-dot prints all nodes as a graphviz dot file --debug-jobs-dot prints all jobs as a graphviz dot file --debug-trace-vm prints a line for every instruction the vm makes --debug-dump-int prints the internals scripts to stdout --debug-no-int don't load internal scripts bam by Magnus Auvinen (magnus.auvinen@gmail.com) bam May 2011 BAM(1)