Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with finding last line of file: if statement depending on that line. Post 302640925 by Shanrunt on Tuesday 15th of May 2012 12:23:19 PM
Old 05-15-2012
Ubuntu 12.04 bash shell

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a certain string on each line in a file

Hi, I need a script to get every line from a file where there are less then 17 ; on a line. Thank's (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VODAFUN
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding line with highest number in a file

Hi All, My file looks some thing like this, File 1: - A 10 B 30 C 5 D 25 E 72 F 23 now my requirement is to find the line with highest number in it, i;e the result should be E 72 Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the line number of a particular line in a file

Hi Frnds, I need to find the line number of a particular line in a file and store that line number to a variable. if a file named myfile contains following look at the sun look at the moon look at the star look at the ocean i need to get the line number of the line 'look at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvignesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

toupper or tolower case of first letter of the line depending on another file

Hi I would like to read if the first letter of a line in a first file (gauche.txt) is uppercase or lowercase, and change consequently the first letter of the corresponding line in the second file (droiteInit.txt). I have done this but it won't work (I launch this using gawk -f... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting timestamp of a file and if it was accessed today then finding a line in it

i have my files and the variables value extracted from db is taken as in1=slot0312 in2=best in3=it is :veryliong/fine as varibles.. i have a folder stuctures in my unix machine as : /2011/hand_sl0312/best/HOD/file1.txt /2011/hand_sl0312/happy/HOD/file1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajniman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change nth depending on matiching a pattern in Y line

Hi, I have below file, each line that starts with /* marks the beginning of the a new job. /* ----------------- cmdsMlyMoveTPMPLANTJ ----------------- UNIX_JOB CMMM002J CMDNAME /home2/proddata/bin/moveTPMPLANT.sh AGENT CMDSHP USER proddata AFTER CMMU001J /* "DDRG monthly... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to remove a line feed depending on number of tabs in a line

Hi! I have been struggling with a large file that has stray end of line characters. I am working on a Mac (Lion). I mention this only because I have been mucking around with fixing my problem using sed, and I have learned far more than I wanted to know about Unix and Mac eol characters. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user999991
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies
DB2_STMT_ERROR(3)							 1							 DB2_STMT_ERROR(3)

db2_stmt_error - Returns a string containing the SQLSTATE returned by an SQL statement

SYNOPSIS
string db2_stmt_error ([resource $stmt]) DESCRIPTION
Returns a string containing the SQLSTATE value returned by an SQL statement. If you do not pass a statement resource as an argument to db2_stmt_error(3), the driver returns the SQLSTATE value associated with the last attempt to return a statement resource, for example, from db2_prepare(3) or db2_exec(3). To learn what the SQLSTATE value means, you can issue the following command at a DB2 Command Line Processor prompt: db2 '? $sqlstate- value'. You can also call db2_stmt_errormsg(3) to retrieve an explicit error message and the associated SQLCODE value. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A valid statement resource. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing an SQLSTATE value. SEE ALSO
db2_conn_error(3), db2_conn_errormsg(3), db2_stmt_errormsg(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_STMT_ERROR(3)