Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print specific entries in a file Post 302640543 by Junes on Tuesday 15th of May 2012 03:45:32 AM
Old 05-15-2012
USED awk to get around the issue,

cat /tmp/NOT_DUPLICATED_HOSTS.txt | grep -i WAT |awk "NR>=$NextLine&&NR<=$WATHOSTS"

Last edited by Junes; 05-15-2012 at 05:30 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines with specific character at nth position in a file

I need to print lines with character S at nth position in a file...can someone pl help me with appropriate awk command for this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manaswinig
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare specific columns from 2 files, print new file

Hello. I have two files. FILE1 was extracted from FILE2 and modified thanks to help from this post. Now I need to replace the extracted, modified lines into the original file (FILE2) to produce the FILE3. FILE1 1466 55.27433 14.72050 -2.52E+03 3.00E-01 1.05E+04 2.57E+04 1467 55.27433... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print the file content from the specific line

Hi All, I would like to print the content from the specific line of a file . For example... i have file abc.txt which has 100 lines of code ,from this file i would like to print the content from 20,19,18th line......like that Regards Srikanth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print the specific word in a file.

Hi , My input file is below like that :- $cat abc.txt Service name: test_taf Service is enabled Server pool: test_tac Cardinality: 2 Disconnect: false Service role: PRIMARY Management policy: AUTOMATIC DTP transaction: false AQ HA notifications: true Failover type: SESSION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp001
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent request to consider:Search specific name in a file and fetch specific entries

Hi all, I have 2 files, One file contain data like this FHIT CS CHRM1 PDE3A PDE3B HSP90AA1 PTK2 HTR1A ESR1 PARP1 PLA2G1B These names are mentioned in the second file(Please see attached second file) as # Drug_Target_X_Gene_Name:(Where X can be any number (1-1000) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search specific name in a file and fetch specific entries

Hi all, I have 2 files, One file contain data like this FHIT CS CHRM1 PDE3A PDE3B HSP90AA1 PTK2 HTR1A ESR1 PARP1 PLA2G1B These names are mentioned in the second file(Please see attached second file) as (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to just print out specific line from an input file

Hi, I have a file which contains 2,500,500,432 lines. Can I know what command I should type in order just print out particular line from the input file? eg. I just wanna to see what is the contents at line 522,484,612. Thanks for advice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to print specific text from a file?

Hi All, I have the below text file from which I have to cut particular section starting from PTR_Security_Rpeorting.cpf to PTR_Security_Reporting_Env93_export. Report Model............: "D:\Cognos_Publishing\tmp.a2R94KLQec"\PTR_Security_Reporting.cpf Report Output Script....:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific part of the file name with file creation date?

Hello Folks, I have an requirement, where i need to get total count of the file based on creation date with there filename selected pattern. Filename: MobileProtocol.20171228T154200.157115.udr I want to get the count of files created on each day based on a pattern find. find . -type... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for specific key in a file and print it

Hi All, I have a file abc.txt Database unique name: NEPAL Database name: NEPAL Services: NEPAL_COB,NEPAL_PROD output i need is it should search "Services" and it that search "COB" word so output i need is like NEPAL_COB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
3 Replies
DDB(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    DDB(8)

NAME
ddb -- configure DDB kernel debugger properties SYNOPSIS
ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] print ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] status ddb script scriptname ddb script scriptname=script ddb scripts ddb unscript scriptname ddb pathname DESCRIPTION
The ddb utility configures certain aspects of the ddb(4) kernel debugger from user space that are not configured at compile-time or easily via sysctl(8) MIB entries. To ease configuration, commands can be put in a file which is processed using ddb as shown in the last synopsis line. An absolute pathname must be used. The file will be read line by line and applied as arguments to the ddb utility. Whitespace at the beginning of lines will be ignored as will lines where the first non-whitespace character is '#'. OUTPUT CAPTURE
The ddb utility can be used to extract the contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer of the current live kernel, or from the crash dump of a kernel on disk. The following debugger commands are available from the command line: capture [-M core] [-N system] print Print the current contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. capture [-M core] [-N system] status Print the current status of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. SCRIPTING
The ddb utility can be used to configure aspects of ddb(4) scripting from user space; scripting support is described in more detail in ddb(4). Each of the debugger commands is available from the command line: script scriptname Print the script named scriptname. script scriptname=script Define a script named scriptname. As many scripts contain characters interpreted in special ways by the shell, it is advisable to enclose script in quotes. scripts List currently defined scripts. unscript scriptname Delete the script named scriptname. EXIT STATUS
The ddb utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following example defines a script that will execute when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a break signal: ddb script kdb.enter.break="show pcpu; bt" The following example will delete the script: ddb unscript kdb.enter.break For further examples, see the ddb(4) and textdump(4) manual pages. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), textdump(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The ddb utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
Robert N M Watson BUGS
Ideally, ddb would not exist, as all pertinent aspects of ddb(4) could be configured directly via sysctl(8). BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD