Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find Processes that were not started today Post 302640369 by rethymno19 on Monday 14th of May 2012 03:46:32 PM
Old 05-14-2012
thanks that worked

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find today's files & send to another server?

Hi All, My script has to find todays modified( less than 24 hrs) files & send it another server using SCP. what I wrote is find . -type f -mtime -1 | xargs ls -ltr ## to find today's files, but its giving my sh_history file also, I don't require this file at all. scp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zinu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older then today & display with timestamp info

Small query- I want to do some operation on all the files older then today. Before I do that operation, i want to verify if the command works properly or not. Surprisingly, the command below returns me file, which are created today - find /mrk_archive/PG/ftp/incomming/gbs/2008 -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files created today in a particular directory?

Dear All, I want a Hp Ux command to find out the files created today in a particular directory or mountpoint. Kindly help. Thanks Bhaskar (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file that matches today's date in filename and move to /tmp in bash

I'm having problems with my bash script. I would like to find a file matching today's date in the filename, i.e. my_file_20120902.txt and then move it to a different directory, i.e. /tmp. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesi
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

School Semester Started Today...

So, after two years of quitting school (huge mistake), I started back up today working towards a Database Administration Associates Degree. I'm taking an Introduction to UNIX/Linux course which should be.....pretty easy. Even though I'm a complete noob in comparison to a lot of you, I do some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phunk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and awk with today's date

Hi All, Solaris 10 o/s With your help I developed the following script. find /oracle/diag/rdbms/*/*/trace -type f -name '*d00*.trc' -mtime 0 -exec egrep –c 'NS Primary Error' '{}' '+' which returns the counts I needed nelow: /oracle/diag/rdbms/musidp/musidp/trace/abcdef_d001_21751.trc:15... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

8. Programming

JVM processes are not getting memory allocation as soon as started

Hi, i have this scenario, when i start about 20 java processes simultaneously in unix and run ps -eaf command i can see that processes are running but memory is not getting allocated to them immediately and it stays ideal for at least 10-15 min. Meanwhile i run free command to check the RAM,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal Gangrade
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files from only today

This finds files from yesterday and today. I need it to find only files from today. sudo find /home/andy -iname "*.sh" -mtime -1 -print (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
pnmdepth(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmdepth(1)

NAME
pnmdepth - change the maxval in a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmdepth newmaxval [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable anymap as input. Scales all the pixel values, and writes out the image with the new maxval. Scaling the colors down to a smaller maxval will result in some loss of information. Be careful of off-by-one errors when choosing the new maxval. For instance, if you want the color values to be five bits wide, use a max- val of 31, not 32. One important use of pnmdepth is to convert a new format 2-byte-per-sample PNM file to the older 1-byte-per-sample format. Before April 2000, essentially all raw (binary) format PNM files had a maxval less than 256 and one byte per sample, and many programs may rely on that. If you specify a newmaxval less than 256, the resulting file should be readable by any program that worked with PNM files before April 2000. SEE ALSO
pnm(5), ppmquant(1), ppmdither(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 08 April 2000 pnmdepth(1)