Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Assembly 8085
Top Forums Programming Assembly 8085 Post 302639893 by giampoul on Sunday 13th of May 2012 01:58:51 PM
Old 05-13-2012
Code:
	MVI	A,0
	MOV	A,B

loop	CMP	05,A
	BEQ	end_for

ADD	01,B
	ADD	01,A
	JMP	loop
end_for	HLT

I think this must be better..
Error in line 4: Invalid command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assembly vs C programming

I am currently looking into an os on developed on an x86 platformwhich contains certain assembly code written in .s files(NASM- compatible ) instead of using C I was wondering why C could not be used to do low level stuff instead? Do anyone have any idea or could enligthen me?Appreciate any help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duoshock
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix assembly help

Hey guys, well I'm extremely knew to Unix so any help advice is very appreciated. What I am trying to do is assemble a source code (Programming from the Ground Up: Chapter 3: Your First Programs) The source code named "FINDING A MAXIMUM VALUE" is the code I am trying to link and run, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac09
1 Replies

3. Programming

Need assembly code for C program

Dear Buddies, I need assembly code for a compiled c program in unix. Kindly help me.... Thanking you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik537
1 Replies

4. Programming

Help with assembly code

I want make simple assembly code for some thing like this a^6+6a^2+2a and range of a is between -3 to 3. I tried but it is not working properly. As this is my first assembly program that I am going to try, I want some help with it. I found this example online but i dont want this kind of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
2 Replies

5. Programming

Fibonacci (assembly)

When i run this with gcc filename.s -o filename. It is giving fatal error: Unknown opcode at define registers. Anyhelp will be appreciated .section ".data" prompt: .asciz "\nThis program prints the Fibonacci sequence" prompt2: .asciz "\nEnter a limit on the largest number to be displayed:"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
2 Replies

6. Programming

Why Assembly Language?

Hi guys, Assembly language is a low level language designed in 1950's, both system and application programs were written in assembly at that time. There is no question of assembly being very effecient compared to the other high level languages. But it is very cumbersome to write programs in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Can assembly language be dispensed with ?

Hi. I learned C in high school and am proficient in it:D. At the college while learning microcontrollers there was a short course on assembly language which I skipped:p but had no trouble as most of the application programming had to be done in C. Should I go back n learn assembly language as I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshianu
9 Replies

8. Programming

vga assembly question

Im trying to make a vga program for linux Im wondering if anyone knows of a simple document on the subject or if someone could show me some basics. What system calls should I use what parameters should I give them. How do I draw a line of pixels green after in vga mode. I prefer nasm but I can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sparc Assembly

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am having a hard time with this assignement i cant get the pfib value to print out the fib sequence. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenjiro310
1 Replies

10. Programming

Understanding Assembly Code

As the title suggests, I want to better understand the following assembly code: section .text global main ; must be declared for linker (gcc) main: ; tell linker entry point mov edx, len ; message length mov ecx, msg ; message to write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies
LFC-DLI(8)						    LFC Administrator Commands							LFC-DLI(8)

NAME
lfc-dli - start the LFC Data Location Interface server SYNOPSIS
lfc-dli [ -l log_file ] DESCRIPTION
The lfc-dli command starts the LFC Data Location Interface server. This command is usually executed at system startup time (/etc/rc.local). This will create a pool of threads, look for requests and pass them to the LFC. When a request has been completed, the thread becomes idle until it is allocated to another request. All error messages and statistical information are kept in a log. The Data Location Interface server listen port number can be defined on client hosts and on the server itself in either of the following ways: setting an environment variable DLI_PORT setenv DLI_PORT 8085 an entry in /etc/shift.conf like: DLI PORT 8085 If none of these methods is used, the default port number is taken from the definition of DLI_PORT in dli_server.h. In the log each entry has a timestamp. For each user request there is one message giving information about the requestor (hostname) and one message DLI98 giving the request itself. The completion code of the request is also logged. OPTIONS
-l log_file Specifies a different path for the LFC Data Location Interface server log file. The special value syslog will send the log messages to the system logger syslogd. FILES
/var/log/lfc-dli/log EXAMPLES
Here is a small log: 05/18 16:27:21 1942 dli: started 05/18 22:10:33 1942,0 listReplicas: request from lxb2016.cern.ch 05/18 22:10:33 1942,0 listReplicas: DLI98 - listReplicas lfn:/grid/dteam/foo888 05/18 22:10:34 1942,0 listReplicas: returns 0 05/18 22:12:10 1942,0 listReplicas: request from lxb2016.cern.ch 05/18 22:12:10 1942,0 listReplicas: DLI98 - listReplicas guid:41b20a76-2287-4f81-9750-7e2eb4d199c8 05/18 22:12:11 1942,0 listReplicas: returns 0 SEE ALSO
Clogit(3), lfc-server(8) LCG
$Date$ LFC-DLI(8)