Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory Search Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Directory Search Perl Post 302639747 by rajkrishna89 on Sunday 13th of May 2012 03:17:04 AM
Old 05-13-2012
Directory Search Perl

Code:
@scriptfiles=glob('*.txt');

foreach $file (glob('*.txt'))
{ 
    open(my $fh, $file) or die("Unable to open '$file': $!");  
    while (my $line = <$fh>)
    {
        if ($line =~ m/(Apple|Orange|Guava)/i) 
        {
            $Sheet->Cells($row,$col-1)->{'Value'} = $file;

The above snippet will open each text file in the current folder and do a match for the words and if its matched the file name will be printed..

How to do the same for the files in the current directory

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-13-2012 at 06:48 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Directory tree search???

Hi all, I've got a problem, what function do i use to list the contents of all the directory tree (simular to "find")? Any other suggestions? Thank you all (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search all files and sub directory

I wanted to search in all the sub directories under /vob/project (recurse) in everything inside /vob/project. search.run for x in `cat search.strings` do find /vob/project -type f -print | xargs grep -i $x > ~/$x.txt done search.string hello whoami I am getting the error ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_jm
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a directory in unix

Hi, I'm very new to shell script. Try to search a directory named construction using : find construction -type d. but don't know the path. so it can not stat. want to return the path of directory construction. can anyone help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samir_standing
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search/replace a directory path in a file using perl

Hello All, Here is what I am trying to do and maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I have a file that contains the following string(s): WARNING: </d1/test/program1> did not find item1 WARNING: </d1/test/program1> item1 does not exist WARNING: </d1/test/program2> item1 failed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxshop
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - start search by using search button or by pressing the enter key

#Build label and text box $main->Label( -text => "Input string below:" )->pack(); $main->Entry( -textvariable => \$text456 )->pack(); $main->Button( -text => "Search", -command => sub { errchk ($text456) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a directory with if clause?

Hello All, I want to do a conditional search for a directory, i.e pathname=/abc/def foldername=xyz if ( $pathname/$foldername/aaa ) then .................. fi Here i am searching for aaa directory inside the path and if it exist then it should go inside the loop. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
1 Replies
GLOB(3) 								 1								   GLOB(3)

glob - Find pathnames matching a pattern

SYNOPSIS
array glob (string $pattern, [int $flags]) DESCRIPTION
The glob(3) function searches for all the pathnames matching $pattern according to the rules used by the libc glob() function, which is similar to the rules used by common shells. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The pattern. No tilde expansion or parameter substitution is done. o $flags - Valid flags: o GLOB_MARK - Adds a slash to each directory returned o GLOB_NOSORT - Return files as they appear in the directory (no sorting). When this flag is not used, the pathnames are sorted alphabetically o GLOB_NOCHECK - Return the search pattern if no files matching it were found o GLOB_NOESCAPE - Backslashes do not quote metacharacters o GLOB_BRACE - Expands {a,b,c} to match 'a', 'b', or 'c' o GLOB_ONLYDIR - Return only directory entries which match the pattern o GLOB_ERR - Stop on read errors (like unreadable directories), by default errors are ignored. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing the matched files/directories, an empty array if no file matched or FALSE on error. Note On some systems it is impossible to distinguish between empty match and an error. CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | | | | GLOB_ERR was added | | | | +--------+--------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Convenient way how glob(3) can replace opendir(3) and friends. <?php foreach (glob("*.txt") as $filename) { echo "$filename size " . filesize($filename) . " "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: funclist.txt size 44686 funcsummary.txt size 267625 quickref.txt size 137820 NOTES
Note This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem. Note This function isn't available on some systems (e.g. old Sun OS). Note The GLOB_BRACE flag is not available on some non GNU systems, like Solaris. SEE ALSO
opendir(3), readdir(3), closedir(3), fnmatch(3). PHP Documentation Group GLOB(3)