Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can we create multiple users with same UID? Post 302639681 by jlliagre on Saturday 12th of May 2012 04:37:44 PM
Old 05-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navkreddy
Can we create multiple users with same UID?
It is not a recommended practice but yes, multiple users can share the same userid. You can have multiple entries with the same user id, but different home directories, gecos, shells and password. However, technically, they would be the same user for the kernel and for all commands.
Quote:
Can we give root permissions to normal user like admin.s ? If YES give me full details (syntax of sudo/RBAC)
sudo is not part of Solaris 10 and older. Should you want to give a user full root permissions, grant him/her the primary administrator profile.
Code:
usermod -P "Primary Administrator" username

or have the following line in /etc/user_attr
Code:
 12345::::type=normal;profiles=Primary Administrator

Last edited by jlliagre; 05-13-2012 at 03:55 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Finding a specific UID on a site with hundreads of users.

Hello, I am not the AIX guru.. This might seem simple for a lot but I am not sure where to start.. So here is my question: I have a unix account on a remote site. My UID is 999999. Now I need to create my account at my main site, with the same UID. So i have to make sure the UID 999999 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxalarie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user if UID not exist; else, exit the script

Hi, I want to write a script to check whether an user ID is used in my server and then create that user. If the user ID is not used, I will echo something like "OK, continue" and then continue to execute the script. Else, I will echo something like "Used, exit" and then exit the script. As... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to diff between 2 users with uid 0?

Hello, I created a new user "rootNew" After creation I manually change the file /etc/passwd and gave the new user "rootNew" uid 0. Now I have 2 users with uid 0 (root,rootNew) how can I know which user is log in the system? "whoami" command return "root" for both users. Thanks, Uri No... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urip
0 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

How to diff between 2 users with uid 0?

Hello, I created a new user "rootNew" After creation I manually change the file /etc/passwd and gave the new user "rootNew" uid 0. Now I have 2 users with uid 0 (root,rootNew) how can I know which user is log in the system? "whoami" command return "root" for both users. Thanks, Uri (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: urip
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find users with root UID or GID or root home

I need to list users in /etc/passwd with root's GID or UID or /root as home directory If we have these entries in /etc/passwd root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash rootgooduser1:x:100:100::/home/gooduser1:/bin/bash baduser1:x:0:300::/home/baduser1:/bin/bash... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiple users using expect.?

Hi, guys. I need help on some expect problem. #!/usr/bin/expect set user set password set newuser spawn telnet x.x.x.x expect login* send “root\r” expect Password* send “123546\r” send "useradd $newuser\r" send "exit\r" interact I can add 1 user using expect script, but how do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alhazerd
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies
extract_font_range(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       extract_font_range(3alleg4)

NAME
extract_font_range - Extracts a range of characters from a font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *extract_font_range(FONT *f, int begin, int end) DESCRIPTION
This function extracts a character range from a font and returns a new font that contains only the range of characters selected by this function. You can pass -1 for either the lower or upper bound if you want to select all characters from the start or to the end of the font. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *capitals; FONT *fontcopy; ... /* Create a font of only capital letters */ capitals = extract_font_range(myfont, 'A', 'Z'); /* Create a copy of the font */ fontcopy = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, -1); ... destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(fontcopy); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
get_font_range_begin(3alleg4), get_font_range_end(3alleg4), merge_fonts(3alleg4), transpose_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extract_font_range(3alleg4)