Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: keep only pairs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting keep only pairs Post 302639437 by jamie_123 on Friday 11th of May 2012 07:11:48 PM
Old 05-11-2012
Ya, this seems to be more sophisticated in some ways Smilie
in that case why did you mention solaris/nawk as a requirement?? Just curious.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace pairs

Hello all im facing some kind of problem i have this string : functionA() $" "$ functionB("arg1") $" = "$ i will like to replace all the pairs of opening and closing "$" to be something like that functionA() <#" "#> functionB("arg1") <#" = "#> i cant of course do is with simple ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL name value pairs substituions

I have a main file with variable tokens like this: name: File1 =========== Destination/Company=@deploy.company@ Destination/Environment=@deploy.env@ Destination/Location=@deploy.location@ Destination/Domain=@deploy.location@ MIG_GatewayAddresses=@deploy.gwaddress@ MIG_URL=@deploy.mig_url@... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uandme2k2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate lines in pairs

Hi, I have a text file with the following contents /C=IT/O=INFN/OU=Personal Certificate/L=Napoli/CN=Some guy /C=IT/O=INFN/CN=INFN CA /O=Grid/O=NorduGrid/OU=uninett.no/CN=Another guy /O=Grid/O=NorduGrid/CN=NorduGrid Certification Authority /C=TW/O=AP/OU=GRID/CN=Someone else... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerl
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate Two Line Pairs?

So I have a bunch of files that look like this >gi|33332323 MMKCRGVIMVVEKVMKRDGRIVPFDESRIRWAVQ--- >gi|45235353 MMKCR----VEKMRDVFFDESIRWAVQ They go on...sequences are much longer but all in two line (fasta) format. I want to remove duplicate pairs of ID(GI) number and sequence. I tried... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakere19
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through pairs of files with awk

Hi all, please help me construct the command. i want to loop through all files named bam* and bed*. My awk works for a particular pair but there are too many pairs to do manually. I have generated multiple files in a folder in a given pattern. The files are named like bam_fixed1.bam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting key/value pairs in awk

I am extracting a number of key/value pairs in awk using following: awk ' /xyz_session_id/ { n=index($0,"xyz_session_id"); id=substr($0,n+15,25); a=$4; } END{ for (ix in a) { print a } }' I don't like this Index + substr with manually calculated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through files in pairs

Hi all, Please guide. It has to do with parsing the input file names. I have a fairly large number of files, I want to do some operations on them in a pairwise fashion (every file has a pair). The names are in the following pattern, with the pairs of files named with _1 and _2 , the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a diff on all pairs of arguments

I would like to create a loop and an inner loop to do a diff command on each pair of files passed as arguments. For example, if four files were on the command line, a diff would run on 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, & 3-4. Thus far I know the $# will give the count of the arguments and argv (instead of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate files by pairs

Hi, I would like to batch concatenate files by pairs. I have quite a few of them so I would not like to do that pair by pair separately. the names of the file is of the type: file1.fastq newfile1_new.fastq file2.fastq newfile2_new.fastq and so on... I would like to concatenate file1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawad
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting by pairs

Can sort sort by pair of lines? infile: ID 15 GNJSMKSNS ID 25 GNJSMKSNS ID 1 GNJSMKSNS outfile: ID 1 GNJSMKSNS ID 15 GNJSMKSNS ID 25 GNJSMKSNS sort -grk 2 obviously does not work (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)