Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using a rar file on a suse linux Post 302639063 by orange47 on Friday 11th of May 2012 07:02:41 AM
Old 05-11-2012
umm, you said its version 3.51

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to extract a .rar file

Hi ! I have a abc.rar file. I want to extract this file.. pls help. OS Details : SunOS papillon 5.10 Generic_127111-11 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzip a .rar file

Hi, How to unzip a .rar file in unix. I tried unrar command but it doesnt work. Any help will be appreciated Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Pro*c file Compiling Issue in suse Linux

The existing .pc (pro *C) file is running successfully in UNIX. But when Iam trying to compile this same file in LINUX using proc iname filename.pc, Iam getting an error, proc file not recognized. Could someone help how to generate execute file from the proc*c file. what are the prerequisites... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikrambharat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to encrypt the xls file using executable jar in Linux SUSE 11.4

Dear Experts, I am an ERP consultant and would like to learn shell script. We are working on Linux SUSE 11.4 and I am very new to shell scripting. We can manually encrypt an excel file using "executable jar" through command prompt by placing the jar file & the file to be encrypted on a physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithin226
1 Replies
elf_version(3E) 														   elf_version(3E)

NAME
elf_version() - coordinate ELF library and application versions SYNOPSIS
Command: [flag]... file... [library]... DESCRIPTION
As elf(3E) explains, the program, the library, and an object file have independent notions of the "latest" ELF version. lets a program determine the ELF library's It further lets the program specify what memory types it uses by giving its own ver, to the library. Every program that uses the ELF library must coordinate versions as described below. The header file supplies the version to the program with the macro If the library's internal version (the highest version known to the library) is lower than that known by the program itself, the library may lack semantic knowledge assumed by the program. Accordingly, will not accept a working version unknown to the library. Passing a ver equal to causes to return the library's internal version, without altering the working version. If ver is a version known to the library, returns the previous (or initial) working version number. Otherwise, the working version remains unchanged and returns EXAMPLES
The following excerpt from an application program protects itself from using an older library. if (elf_version(EV_CURRENT) == EV_NONE) { /* library out of date */ /* recover from error */ } WARNINGS
The working version should be the same for all operations on a particular ELF descriptor. Changing the version between operations on a descriptor will probably not give the expected results. SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_xlate(3E). elf_version(3E)