Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Installation problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Installation problem Post 302638959 by anusha.banthu on Friday 11th of May 2012 02:37:17 AM
Old 05-11-2012
Perl Installation problem

Hi all,
I have a problem while installing perl 5.12. I have uninstalled the perl version 5.8 and installed 5.12. And when I tried to execute a perl script, it says that perl58.dll is missing. can some one please tell me how to completely remove previous version(5.8) of perl which I have uninstalled.

Regards,
Anusha

---------- Post updated at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:02 PM ----------

And when I kept perl58.dll in C:\Perl'\bin it give me some other error and aborts the program. A quick response is appriciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl installation?

Ok im new to Linux. I run Slackware 9 - I have apache up and running fine, I am a PHP programmer but wish to learn Perl. I've been told I need to edit a configuration file -- /etc/apache/httpd.conf ? Anyway, I've never done this before and I don't know what to edit. So I would be real grateful... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with perl module installation

Hi, I am trying to install perl modules in HPUX under my account. I do not have the root permission. The module name I am trying to install is Spreadsheet-WriteExcel. I have downloaded the tar.gz file from CPAN and extracted the same under my home directory. When I try do 'perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module installation

Hi All, I am failry new to Perl.I am trying to install a Perl module (Filesys::df.pm) in an IBM AIX5.3 server.But I could not succeed in that.I am getting the following error: abcd3dev# make cc_r -c -D_ALL_SOURCE -D_ANSI_C_SOURCE -D_POSIX_SOURCE -qmaxmem=16384 -qnoansialias... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjithss
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl installation in user directory

Hi, The version of perl at my work is very old and It doesn't have advanced perl modules. I need to install DBI and DBD::Sybase modules but I dont have the root access. So I have installed DBI module in my home directory. And trying to install DBD::Sybase, with the followint command: perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrt
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Strawberry perl - New TK module installation error

Hi, I am struggling in installing TK module for strawberry perl. I downloaded TK804 module, extracted to a folder, kept in c:/strawberry/perl/lib path, then from tht path 1) perl makefile.pl 2)dmake 3)dmake test 4)dmake install During perl makefile.pl it is giving error as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem during perl module installation

Hi 'm getting error while installing perl mdule on linux.can any one tell me how to resolve that error? problem is: CPAN: File::Temp loaded ok (v0.22) CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JD/JDB/Win32-OLE-0.1709.tar.gz OS unsupported Warning: No success on command Warning (usually harmless):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl modules installation

I have installed perl in windows. Now I would like to install spreadsheet::xlsx & DateTime::Format::Excel modules(also few more) at a time instead of installing them seperately. Could you please let me know how to install more than 1 module as a batch file in windows OS ? Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module Installation issue.

I have issue with the perl module installed in the new Linux server I have installed the required module, but still the perl program was not able to find the path I'm getting the below error: Can't locate Log/Log4perl.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Log4perl.pm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: help_scr_seeker
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation of perl on Linux machine

When i try to run the configure command i am getting below error. Please assist. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Modules installation in one go.

Hi, I have a task to install a list of perl modules in several servers. It's very tedious task to install it one by one through CPAN. Can I have option in CPAN to feed that list so that it install all the modules. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies
FindBin(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FindBin(3pm)

NAME
FindBin - Locate directory of original perl script SYNOPSIS
use FindBin; use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../lib"; or use FindBin qw($Bin); use lib "$Bin/../lib"; DESCRIPTION
Locates the full path to the script bin directory to allow the use of paths relative to the bin directory. This allows a user to setup a directory tree for some software with directories "<root>/bin" and "<root>/lib", and then the above example will allow the use of modules in the lib directory without knowing where the software tree is installed. If perl is invoked using the -e option or the perl script is read from "STDIN" then FindBin sets both $Bin and $RealBin to the current directory. EXPORTABLE VARIABLES
$Bin - path to bin directory from where script was invoked $Script - basename of script from which perl was invoked $RealBin - $Bin with all links resolved $RealScript - $Script with all links resolved KNOWN ISSUES
If there are two modules using "FindBin" from different directories under the same interpreter, this won't work. Since "FindBin" uses a "BEGIN" block, it'll be executed only once, and only the first caller will get it right. This is a problem under mod_perl and other persistent Perl environments, where you shouldn't use this module. Which also means that you should avoid using "FindBin" in modules that you plan to put on CPAN. To make sure that "FindBin" will work is to call the "again" function: use FindBin; FindBin::again(); # or FindBin->again; In former versions of FindBin there was no "again" function. The workaround was to force the "BEGIN" block to be executed again: delete $INC{'FindBin.pm'}; require FindBin; KNOWN BUGS
If perl is invoked as perl filename and filename does not have executable rights and a program called filename exists in the users $ENV{PATH} which satisfies both -x and -T then FindBin assumes that it was invoked via the $ENV{PATH}. Workaround is to invoke perl as perl ./filename AUTHORS
FindBin is supported as part of the core perl distribution. Please send bug reports to <perlbug@perl.org> using the perlbug program included with perl. Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995 Graham Barr & Nick Ing-Simmons. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 FindBin(3pm)