Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help! Basic shell script advice Post 302638945 by AidoPotato on Friday 11th of May 2012 01:54:42 AM
Old 05-11-2012
Data Help! Basic shell script advice

#####

Last edited by AidoPotato; 05-29-2012 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

c-shell script advice please.

Hi, I have the following script running in my cron. -------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/csh bnstat -p GPD_VSLinux | grep pg | grep varcon | awk '{print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9, $10}' > /tmp/LX_xbatch.log bnstat -p GPD_VSLinux_test | grep pg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a quick basic shell script help

im trying to run the below if command ifconfig -a |grep 10.100.120.21 gives me below output inet addr:10.100.120.21 Bcast:10.100.120.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 i just want a basic shell which says if above exists then continue how would i do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eb222
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Shell script syntax help

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. I have a variable which holds a numeric value.I have to check whether this variable holds a value between(0- 8),(8-17)(17-24).How do i write this syntax using if in shell scripting. Thanks Vignesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

advice on shell script

Hello, I have this script running on cron every 20 minutes. By 12pm daily, our system is expecting all input files to be uploaded by the script. After this cutoff time, the script would still be running though, but i need some kind of alerts/logs to know which input files weren't received for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script basic doubt

hi, I am new script learner, so my basic doubt is , how to store value of any command in a variable example $ ls | wc -l i want to stote the output of this in a variable c. so that i can use c in if else loop. and when do we use " ` " symbol in script.. can anyone also tell for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2_t
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Career advice for experienced shell script coder, need help.

I have four years of shell scripting experience in AIX and HP-UX and have worked in perl scripts as well, the good part is i love scripting and so far i have been getting job offers as well. The bad part is , shell scripting is all i know , so the kind of jobs i am getting is mostly production... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishrao
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Shell Script Help

Lets say I wanted to create a script that would show what people are doing on my machine using the w command and refresh in about 6 seconds. What would be the easiest way to do this? I pretty much want the script to loop until I stop it. I'm using the BASH shell by the way. Help is appreciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c4391
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic shell script help

Im trying to make a script that simply adds a word to the last available line in a txt file without overwriting any previous lines. Ive googled this and there are great examples but no one explain what each function does, and i dont entirely understand how it works. Basically Im looking for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylecn
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advice required shell script

Hi all, this is my first post, so please be gentle... I have a situation wherby I need a script that traverses known paths. Check for the modified date (n days) and then deletes all subdirs. I have come up with this hotch potch, but as far as I can tell it seems to work. What I am wondering... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primus7
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Shell script - Not working

Hello, This is basic (i think). I am trying to run a shell script which would go into each folder (folder names defined in the list) and after entering would run some commands, once done, come out of the folder and continue until the list ends. Pretty basic and there are bunch of example online. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
9 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD