Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find Node and replace line(s) preceding in xml file Post 302638301 by umarsatti on Thursday 10th of May 2012 05:41:05 AM
Old 05-10-2012
Hello itkamaraj,

Thank you for your reply, your script perfectly fits into my example. However I am attaching my original file where I would like to change "Accumulator Factor" under node "DiscountOnUsage" only.

<Node>DiscountOnUsage
<Condition>ActiveOffer
<ActiveOffer>401</ActiveOffer>
</Condition>
<Accumulator Factor="3.78333333333333" ID="6"/>
</Tariff>
</Node>

Can you please help in adopting this script as per my above requirement. FYI original file is also attached.

Thanks!!

P.S: For instance I would like to change Accumulator Factor to --> "<Accumulator Factor="3.78333333333333" ID="6"/><Accumulator Factor="3.78333333333333" ID="72"/>

BR,
Umar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell call xalan to transform xml with xslt, but can not find root node

hi experts: i am using xslt to transform xml in shell. But can not find root node of source xml, if i remove the naming space definition in source xml, it works fine. So our the question is how to let xslt know the naming space of srouce xml file? Thanks for your kindly help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/Replace in XML file

I am not sure how to approach this find/replace using a shell script. Any help or guidance appreciated. I want to find this: <objects/> <thumb>thumb_0001.jpg</thumb> <preview>preview_0001.jpg</preview> And replace with something like this: <objects>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimraynor
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutli line pattern search & replace in a xml file

Hello guys, I need your help for a specific sed command that would search for a multi line pattern and if found, would replace it by another multi line pattern. For instance, here is the input: <RefNickName>abcd</RefNickName> <NickName>efgh</NickName> <Customize> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xciteddd
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace a line in a file

Hi, I am want find and replace in following content in the file. i want to repalce a word TABLESPACE XCRM_<ANY_CHAR> to TABLESPACE XCRM Sample File to Replace : LOB(COMPLEX_VALUE) STORE AS ( TABLESPACE XCRM_MED_D_NEW STORAGE(INITIAL 64K BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) ENABLE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to find line in one file and replace in another

Hey Guys, im looking for a script that will work under OSX. What i want to do is copy information from one file (Specific LIne) and write it to a certain line in another. To be more specific... I want the hostname of a mac to be gathered ( i assume its stored in a .plist file somewhere) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padgo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the closest value in another csv file preceding it and following it?

Hi, Is this possible? I want to take a csv file and find the closest value in another csv file preceding it and following it. For ex. In this csv file, I'll take the first line: 1309341156.800000000 1309341156.802500000 1309341156.805000000 1309341156.807500000 and find the closest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superbbrr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace last line in a file

Hi I am having a file which has like this content shown below Aaa,bb,cc,dd Xxx,yy,d,12 Dodd,12-Jun,t I need to replace last line like this Aaa,bb,cc,dd Xxx,yy,d,12 Dodd,10-August,t (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and update line in xml file

Hi, I have a xml file that I need to modify 1 line to change some value from 2 to 10 (or any number). Sample input: <!-- some text here> . . . <message:test name="ryan"> <message:sample-channel charset="UTF-8" max-value="2" wait="20"> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through XML file on basis of a node

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Document> <FIToFICstmrCdtTrf> <GrpHdr> <MsgId>10001</MsgId> <NbOfTxs>1</NbOfTxs> <IntrBkSttlmDt>2015-05-06</IntrBkSttlmDt> <SttlmInf> <SttlmMtd>CLRG</SttlmMtd> </SttlmInf> <PmtTpInf> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish2015
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find replace text in xml file on the fly

Dear Unix guru, I have a .XML file which is being used to load data to oracle. This file comes on unix box and one of the tag in xml is oracle key word. I want to find that tag and replace with new tag on the fly For example I will get one of the tag in xml is as below <from>Test Test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)