Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete a section of a file if... Post 302638227 by zaxxon on Thursday 10th of May 2012 04:00:29 AM
Old 05-10-2012
Listen up oreka18. I did copy and paste to your given example and still have it on my disk. You changed your example afterwards to accuse me to have done an error?
And the best thing is, there is no problem with this for the code I have given. It has no problem if there is a leading blank or not. You don't even understand the code the slightest way and don't even try.
Anyway - maybe try to be more sneaky next time - you get a ban for this. Try some other forum to get your work done for you. We have a good duplicity detection system so if you try to register again, you just get another ban.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help find a section line of a file

hi, I have a 20 line file. I need a command which will brinf back a specific line based upon the line number I enter. e.g. the file looks like this and is called file1 jim is a man john is a woman james is a man wendy is a woman lesley is a woman i want a command that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to duplicate a section of a file....

hello all, I have a file like this: section 1 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 blah2 section 3 blah1 blah2 and I want to use sed to duplicate section 2, like this: section 1 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nick26
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cutting a section of a big file

Hi, I have a text file 10giga size. Opening the file with vi takes forever ... Im intersting only with the 100 first records. Is there way to copy those 100 lines to new file (with no need to open the file)? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read section of file and take decision

Hi, My requirement is that I've to read a config file having below info Oracle number|double;integer -> user can put multiple values here blob|binary varchar2|string varchar|string number(p,s)|decimal timestamp|date/time and so on .... Sybase bigint|bigint datetime|date/time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch a section from a file

Hi, I have a file like... $cat file1 +++++++++++++++++++ client1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ col1 col2 col3 ------ ----- ----- (0 rows affected) ========================================================= +++++++++++++++++++ client1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ col1 col2 col3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract record from file based on section.

input file output file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathigara
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to lookup section of file in a range of another file

In the below, I am trying to lookup $1 and $2 from file1, in a range search using $1 $2 $3 of file2. If the search key from file1 is found in file2, then the word low is printed in the last field of that line in the updated file1. Only the last section of file1 needs to be searched, but I am not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to segregate a section from big file?

Hello, I need to know all IP range (ip_prefix), associated with us-west-2 region only from this link - https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json (it can be opened in wordpad for better visibility) Please suggest, how would I do it. If vi, awk or sed is needed, I have downloaded it on my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change file section into each line?

Hi Gurus, I have below file which has different sections, need to move the sections to beginning of the each record. original file aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff output file. aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
6 Replies
allegro_exit(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					     allegro_exit(3alleg4)

NAME
allegro_exit - Closes down the Allegro system. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void allegro_exit(); DESCRIPTION
Closes down the Allegro system. This includes returning the system to text mode and removing whatever mouse, keyboard, and timer routines have been installed. You don't normally need to bother making an explicit call to this function, because allegro_init() installs it as an atexit() routine so it will be called automatically when your program exits. Note that after you call this function, other functions like destroy_bitmap() will most likely crash. This is a problem for C++ global destructors, which usually get called after atexit(), so don't put Allegro calls in them. You can write the destructor code in another method which you can manually call before your program exits, avoiding this problem. SEE ALSO
install_allegro(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), destroy_bitmap(3alleg4), ex3d(3alleg4), exscn3d(3alleg4), exswitch(3alleg4), exxfade(3alleg4), exzbuf(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 allegro_exit(3alleg4)